Is There (Was There Ever) an Anglo American Dual World Power?

by BluesBrother 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Pallbearer, good point. The greatest ancient kings truly ruled over "men wherever they may dwell" in the language of the day. Ceasar could number the whole world Luke 2:1

• Bobcat
    Bobcat
    [Caesar] could number the whole world Luke 2:1

Actually, "inhabited earth" or "world" (οἰκουμένην) in Luke 2:1 is usually understood to refer to the Roman Empire (see here). A sizable area for sure, but definitely not the entire earth. And Rome had a few other rival empires to contend with over time such as the Carthaginians and the Parthians. (See here.)

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

If you look at education there are links between the establishment of places like Harvard and Yale.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

My favourite brand of glasses are called "Anglo-American" lol

It's a word, it's not an Empire...not even close. We had an Empire once. I think America...are they Apostates from the Empire??😜

Anyway, just an aside, Watchtower has always referred to the feet as being made of clay & iron, am I right? Lloyd Evens, in a recent video, said that in the nineties watchtower changed or flip flopped its ideas, saying the toes were many small political entities, de-colonized & derived from earlier empires. But I think they've always said this? Is that true? Or do I mis remember? However the feet have always been made of clay and iron - always represented the Anglo American empire.

This never changed, did it? Or am I going nuts?

• waton
    waton

The feet separated by the Atlantic ocean or the Pacific, if you consider Hong Kong tied to Britain, both have their iron (right) and clay (left) cleft now. They really dont mix. often have to be separated by a police cordon.

Churchill is said to have said that the two "empire parts" are only separated by a common language, but English really dominates the world. and

re- consider the commonwealth.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Bobcat,

I doubt the Bible ever speak of say, Australia 🤭

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Not directly. but indirectly. (Acts 1:8)

• hoser
    hoser

I think they came up with the idea shortly after ww2 when the US and Britain were on the same side

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    I think they came up with the idea shortly after ww2 when the US and Britain were on the same side

Very likely Hoser. Watchtower is so parochial...only sees its immediate surroundings, as such. As another poster commented, very American/western-centric. Incapable of seeing outside its bubble.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Bobcat, I dont think Australia was in the mind of the writer of Acts 1:8. I think rather the diaspora up to AD 70

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit