What would you do?

by wasblind 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Jehovah forgives; cults do not.

Cults shoot their wounded.

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

Manners were absent on both sides of this scenario.

However, these are people who claim to be Jehovah's chosen people. If Jesus threw a dinner party and a guest had brought someone who was lonely and downtrodden, needing the fellowship of other christians. Would he deny them food? Would he forgive them if there was bad blood?

Jesus took so many opportunities in the bible to illustrate the need to help and specifically feed people, it obviously was important to him.

I would not have brought an uninvited guest to a party unless I was very sure that the hostess would have been cool with it. However in my experience witnesses generally are clicky. They do not want to mix with the unworthies in the cong.. This is a definite sign that they are not His followers.

My mom would have stayed.

tt

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

*** w56 10/1 p. 595 par. 32 Marriage Obligations and Divorce ***

If after disfellowshipment that one shows the fruitage of repentance and seeks to get back into the congregation, that one may be reinstated and put on a long probation, for at least a year, and then, being found on good behavior, he may be formally relieved of the restrictions imposed upon him and be fully received back.-1 Cor. 5:1-5, 13; 2 Cor. 2:5-11.

They are just following the rules. The mom was probably aware of these restriction and thought it was part of her daughters punishment.

There are newer quotes than this but this one came to mind first. It was reffering to someone who had been df'd for adultery. Which may have been the case we don't know. However I think the same principle applies to most dis-fellowshippings.

tt

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

My mum would've left had that been me. Her loyalty to her flesh and blood means more than a stupid dinner invite.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit