What Do JWs Think About Dinosaurs?

by Cold Steel 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I remember as a kid, I was taught that they never existed. I remember being surprised that on the inside cover of the NWT, the map had a tiny drawing of a dinosaur. I don't remember the year...

Coffee

• designs
    designs

Check out the old Paradise Lost book if you still have one, pretty interesting.On the inside cover they have a drawing showing the major events in the Bible and off to the left are a dinosaur, flying reptile, and the Loch Ness Monster. Elsewhere in the book they show animals around the time of Adam all being modern creatures like tigers, elephants, cows, smiling chipmunks and a rooster. I thought the rooster was a nice touch, he's crowing so that must have been the first alarm clock. Adam is also hairless, my guess is testosterone didn't kick in till after they sinned.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

I suppose JW's think Satan created all those dinosaur bones in the museums to fool us into thinking the earth was more than 49,000 years old....

All I can think of to describe it is prolific ignorance.

PS

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan
    debator: Incidently how does darwinism explain the appearance and disapearance of these super-sized reptiles?

Tu Quoque classic...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit