I've never understood why people would choose to have kids

by gubberningbody 44 Replies latest jw friends

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Especially if you can't give your children a perfect world.

I mean, who do people think they are? Jehovah?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Are you being serious or is this a joke?

• elderelite
    elderelite

gubberning, I take GREAT comfort knowing you dont intend to reproduce

• scottmedeiros
    scottmedeiros

Unfortunatly most people dont really understand that if you plug it in for the pleasure principle, and dont really think and talk it through you may cause life.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I never had kids but I sometimes wish I did. As it is I feel disconnected from everyone and everything. I've got one friend who keeps in touch very regularly. If not for him I could die here in this house and no one would ever know until the stench reached the street.

W

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Well do you enjoy life?

I do each and every day, despite the pain of the shunning of this cult...

Each day I laugh at funny things, I explore online or out in the real world, and some days I get to talk face to face on a very deep level with caring and wonderful humans about my life, and theirs. We bounce ideas, thoughts, emotions, and feelings off of one another, and in the end we are better for it when the day ends....

No I don't think I'm Jehovah, but I do have kids who enjoy life even more than I do...at least it looks like they do when I watch them. I know kids aren't for everyone, but even if they shun me when they are fully grown I still worth it to see that I was a small part of giving them joy and happiness-life!

• wasblind
    wasblind

Finally free,

there are people with children who feel the same way as you do,

the only difference is you were blessed not to have all the headache

and heartache that come with raising children.

• yknot
    yknot

LOL......for the uber sweet baby's breath (stays longer when breastfed instead of formula).....everybody knows that silly!

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I have two kids. I am not able to provide them with the perfect world, but they know one thing, they are loved. Having children was the best thing I ever did...just wish I had the children with a different wife.

• cult classic
    cult classic

I see both sides of the kid coin. I've always been ambivalent about it.

They are so cute and adorable. And every once in a while they say something that just takes your breath away. I think it's a good thing to have kids in your life.

On the other hand.... I totally understand the no kids position. There is incomparable freedom in living a child-free life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit