A question for all Jehovah's Witnesses on here who truly believe

by Quillsky 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Firstly, I know that there are some really bright Witnesses. Achievers, thinkers - it was partly my admiration for people like you that kept me in for so long.

"Brother Peter is such an intelligent man, he couldn't be wrong", was the way I thought. I'm sure others felt the same way.

What I really want is to hear from the Brother Peters who are reading here. Not the Banes and Alices of the forum, but well-read thinking people who are active Jehovah's Witnesses and proud of it.

Why are you a Jehovah's Witness?

• wobble
    wobble

No takers yet ?

It could be that all the well-read thinking JW's are still not using sites like this, I only came on sites like this 6 months or so before I left, and by then I had been inactive for a year because of 1914 being a doctrine not found in the Bible.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

I'm not expecting many responses, wobble, to be frank. Sadly.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

:)

All two of them?

• scottmedeiros
    scottmedeiros

I think I wanted to belong to something good. many family in, and wanting to belive in a better future.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

If they have been on this board for any period of time, they are only still in for one reason, to avoid the shunning.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Thanks Scott. You say "wanted" - does that mean you no longer believe in JW theology?

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

LostG, I also believe shunning is the strongest factor keeping people in. By far.

But that still doesn't explain the bright questioning people I knew as a Dub who could have flown under the radar without being shunned, but instead stood up to be counted as hardcore believers.

• cskyjw.sun
    cskyjw.sun

i am in to avoid shunning

• scottmedeiros
    scottmedeiros

I read a few books, from Don Camron and hit freeminds, watchtower comments and all the rest basicly. At this point many things I can say i dont believe. Still in to avoid shunning. But if the org is directed first by Jah, then Jesus, then an anointed slave directed by the spirit. it is clear there making mistakes that should not be happening especialy being in print

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit