So...how EVIL was Theodore Jaracz??

by Joliette 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

My daughter-in-law's father stated that he went out in service once with Teddy--it was during an assembly. Thought he was very nice. Well you can't find out much a person's real character in two or three hours.

• Scott77
    Scott77

My daughter-in-law's father stated that he went out in service once with Teddy--it was during an assembly. Thought he was very nice. Well you can't find out much a person's real character in two or three hours.

Bonnie_Clyde

Yeah, I agree with that above however, its said that 'first impression means lasting impression'. Therefore, your daughter-in-law falls into that perspective.

Scott77

• dandingus
    dandingus

I can't speak to how "evil" he was. But I actually did meet him in person at Bethel. I was assigned to his table for breakfast for a little while. On the surface he was actually quite nice, but I always got the vibe that he was extremelly serious and there was something about him I couldn't place. And people definitely gave him preferential treatment in lots of little ways. At the time, I guess I was guilty of that myself. I considered it an honor to get to be so close to one of them. I just assumed it was a bit of "hero worship" because he was a member of the Governing Body and therefore people were going out of their way to please him. But now having heard the stories I wonder how much of that was due to his personality as much as his position? Maybe they were just going out of their way to stay on the man's "good side"? But that was the thing about my experience with Jaracz. There was always a smile on the surface, even if there was something else underneath. He seemed kind of Passive-Aggressive to me, with the potential to switch to full on agressive if you rubbed him the wrong way.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Wow...@ the above poster...

Yeah, just like it says in the Crisis of Conscience book says: An iron hand behind a velvet glove.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit