The two witness rule

by dgp 66 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sola Scriptura
    Sola Scriptura

To Mary:

You said:

You are correct in both respects.

Awesome! I'm glad we could agree on something.

Yes, the spirit of many of the laws would have still been practiced, but certainly not to the Letter of the Law that you are implying.

I never implied the Letter of the Old Law should be practiced by Christians. I have directly stated the opposite on many occasions.

Notice what I said above (taken from my 37th post):

"While Christians are not under the "Mosaic Law", many of the underlying principles in the O.T. are encouraged to be used in the Modern Christian Congregation.

This is where discernment and willingness to be progressive about certain Congregation Policies come into play."
  • diamondiiz
  • wobble
    wobble

Well put as usual dear Mary, I see you have lost none of your fire !

Dear Sola,

I see you have not answered my questions as to why Jehovah allowed abuse in the past, and why He has not bothered to make sure preventive measures are in place NOW to protect the little ones and the vulnerable,

does He not care ?

• Sola Scriptura
    Sola Scriptura

To wobble:

you said:

I see you have not answered my questions as to why Jehovah allowed abuse in the past, and why He has not bothered to make sure preventive measures are in place NOW to protect the little ones and the vulnerable

I won't presumptuously speak for Jehovah (As some have had the habit of doing). But, in my opinion, I believe while we "Wait" on him to fix and heal the entire world, he expects, if not demands all Christians to be proactive in discerning and subsequently doing the right thing.

James 4:17 (Contemporary English Version)

"If you don't do what you know is right, you have sinned."

Too many Elders take the easy way out by invoking the generic JW Phrase: "Wait on Jehovah". In some situations there really is nothing else one can do. But most times, if one took the time to think outside of the box, a simple solution for a complex problem might present itself.

Elders, (with basic common sense), who slavishly apply the "Two Witness" rule to mean, “Two eye witnesses must ALWAYS be present at a rape of a child before they can DO anything”, are Sinning. Period.

Elders that have the unfortunate skill set of Marking and Ostracizing those who they simple SUSPECT of doing ANYTHING they don’t care for, surely can do the same to those who really deserve it.

To Conscientious Lurking Elders:
    Click here for more information on things YOU CAN do when your hands are tied from Dfing a slick lying Child Abuser who you FEEL is guilty.
    ---
    Much respect to all.
    Sola Scriptura

“I made an ass of myself.”- J. F. Rutherford
    The Watchtower, October 1, 1984, page 24 (footnote)

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Sola,

"Concrete evidence"?

Sorry but that's laughable. Do you honestly think they would hand us over a list of who told them to stay away from from us?

No, they didn't give us names, but the PO told us they were told to stay away and being that they all did, I'm guessing he was telling the truth.

Mary,

Your posts are so spot on, Society has"chosen the wrong priority"

I wouldn't want to be in their shoes when it all is exposed, It wont be pretty and they certainly wont have Jehovah backing them.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I don't get the controversy.

The Bible mentions the "two witness" rule. It doesn't say "two worldly people" or "two foreigners." It specifically mentions Witnesses.

Maybe if you are an unbaptized publisher you may slip through the cracks and have your testimony heard, but other than that, non-JW's are out.

Rub a Dub

• Sola Scriptura
    Sola Scriptura

To truthseekeriam:

you said:

We were treated like crap by the elders from that point on...
    No, they didn't give us names, but the PO told us they were told to stay away and being that they all did, I'm guessing he was telling the truth.

Even if Ted "The Boss" Jaracz, told your PO himself to "treat you like crap", he should of refused. Based on James 4:17 the PO and the rest of the Elders who followed him sinned.

The They Told Us To Do It™ excuse doesn't cut it in God's eyes. You did the "Right" thing. They did not. Jehovah knows the difference, and He will judge them accordingly when the time comes.

Any Elder who is "ordered" to violate James 4:17 should either respectfully refuse or resign (If we run out of Elders, so be it). A TRUE Christian Man should never simply "follow" orders that purposely result in the harm of others. Period.
    ---
    Sola Scriptura

'A simple layman armed with Scripture is greater than the mightiest pope without it'
    - Martin Luther

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit