Has anyone ever asked a Catholic if they hate us like we are told they do?

by life is to short 25 Replies latest jw friends

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

What the JWs can't imagine is that rather than a world conquering force, they are more like a small pimple on a huge butt.

They are a non-issue to most people. I doubt if even 5% of the people in the US could tell you their core beliefs.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I really think it's all about jealousy: the bOrg wishes like heck that it was as rich as the Catholic church.

Envy is the art of counting the other fellow's blessings instead of your own. ~Harold Coffin

• Quentin
    Quentin

Rutherford taught the Harlot of Revelation was the Catholic Church....He railed aginst them same as Hitler railed aginst the Jew's. Catholic's I have known are like anyone else.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Are you asking me now?

The answer is no, I don't hate Witnesses. I think they follow a false, harmful religion, and I hope they will wake up and stop allowing the GB to run their lives. I wish them well, I don't hate them.

I admit that I have no use for the organization and the way it uses and abuses the followers. That "hate" applies to the organization, its teachings and policies, not the people in it. "Love the sinner, but hate the sin."

Witnesses are trained to not make these distinctions. "If you disagree with the WT doctrine, you hate God. If you don't follow the organization, you hate those who belong to it. If you're not with us, you're following Satan and will be anihilated at Armageddon."

I hope they come to understand us, those who see them with the eyes of a parent-of-teenagers: I don't hate you, I'm just worried about you!

• life is to short
    life is to short

Thanks for your replies. Yes StAnn I would love to know where in the Catholic digest the CO got that from. He never said what year or who the person was he was quoting from so typical of the JW's, everyone just sits there taking it all in as true because some uneducated elders says it happened or that it is written somewhere but they never tell us where it is truly coming from we are just supposed to believe it.

I liked this point (The more evolved Catholics say you have to respect other religions and let people preach whatever it is they believe.) The man I work for is in his 70's and when he was in grade school he was taught that all religions would go to heaven not just Catholic's. I was just blown away because being raised a JW I always believed that all the other religions felt like we do and that you could only please God by being in that faith.

I tell you since letting myself look beyond what I was taught it is a real wake up call. I was totally lied to all my life. It hurts because there are so many really, really nice people out there that I missed having in my life because of the lies I believed. JW's are truly a sick cult!

LITS

• Opus92
    Opus92

The only Catholics I ever met couldn't be bothered with Jehovah's Witnesses. They either didn't know anything about us or knew enough to be sure that they didn't want us on their doorstep. :) If only they could have converted my mother instead of the Dubs!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit