" i was out in the world and belive me!! Its a terrible place! We are so blessed to be in the truth!"

by highdose 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Quentin
    Quentin

Many jw's can't hack it in the wt world itself, so, they make that type of statement to validate themselves. Look them in the eye and say: prove it, for once in your life be honest and prove it.

When I married and left the wt/jw's made PLENTY of mistakes. They were my mistakes. Didn't have anything to do with "living in the world", it was me, myself and I, not jw's, not the world, that caused me to do dumb things. As a family have we lived a blessed life ? Of course not. WE HAVE LIVED a life of freedom, as free as anyone can be, it's been good, it's been bad, and everything in between. I wouldn't change a thing....

• flipper
    flipper

HIGHDOSE- I would say to the guy- " Many people think that. We were told that as witnesses. But in reality- there are MANY nice people in the world. Not all are adulterers, axe murderers, druggies, or drunkards. I have met MANY of these kind people and they show the fruitage of God's spirit CONSTANTLY in their lives ! We are told to avoid " worldly " people to put us in fear of leaving the organization. But people in the world do really good things for others, think about the Katrina disaster - many " worldly " people helped one another - even different racial groups came together assisting and saving lives- no matter WHAT religion they were in ! " Then ask him, " Isn't that GREAT ?? !! " And enjoy the blank expression on his face. LOL ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

" i was out in the world and belive me!! Its a terrible place! We are so blessed to be in the truth!"

Yeah thats why this JW should get rid of his televsion and computer for fear he might let in something from this world into his home. Is there such a thing as watchtower wallpaper?

• garyneal
    garyneal

Some prisoners think that being in the outside world is a 'terrible' place too. That's why they reoffend and get sent back to prison.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

How about this adjusted response?

*** rs p. 17 How You Might Respond to Potential Conversation Stoppers ***
    ‘There are a lot of people who share your view. Religion has not really helped them. That is one reason why we are calling—because the churches Kingdom Halls have not told people the truth about God the world and his its wonderful purpose for mankind.’

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

‘Have you always felt that way? . . . How do you feel about the future this "generation"?’

? ‘I can appreciate that, because I used to feel the same way. But, just to be fair, I decided to listen to one of them the whole world. And I found out that I hadn’t been told the truth about them. (Mention a common false accusation and then explain what we believe.)’

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Lol I have heard that expression so many times. Most recently from my father who was raised a catholic and became at witness at about age 23. I've also heard it from ones who've been Df and returned. I could care less really. What I do with my life is my business. I'm beginning to get tough! Lol..

Btw, KH's over here ALL have windows

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

many have left and are now enjoying christian freedom and a relationship with christ.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And what is in the Kingdumb Hell? First, you can waste all your time and money in field circus. Most of the people are judgmental. You only have a good standing if you believe things that can blatantly contradict the Bible (from which it is supposedly taken) or other doctrine. You are certain to be put with someone that is mean spirited, and will happily ruin your life on purpose. Then, you are supposed to forgive this person, allowing them more opportunities to further ruin your life, or you will not be forgiven for your own sins.

To boot, negative energy is rampant in the religion. I can remember one boy, who was at the time around 8, that was a relative of the scumbag that dragged me into the cancer (I believe this boy was a nephew of my conductor's then-wife.) Every fxxxing time I saw him (and thankfully it was only three times, but three times too many), it was worse luck than what they tried to scare me with the Ouija board. For no apparent reason! And they are trying to tell me that a Ouija board is bad news--I never had that much trouble with those things, and even the one time I heard of a worldly person running into problems from the Ouija board (probably coincidence), it was nothing like what that boy would bring me. Besides, the whole family (and especially the conductor himself) seemed to like it when they got the opportunity to further ruin my life, and he has several times tried to have me move in with or near him.

And that's BEFORE adding the pedophiles, the wife beaters, and the baby killers and baby eaters to the equation!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit