" i was out in the world and belive me!! Its a terrible place! We are so blessed to be in the truth!"

by highdose 38 Replies latest jw friends

• highdose
    highdose

This is an assertion leveled at me recently. The speaker has the advantage over me in that i was born and bred in the borg and have only recently jumped ship.

What, can i ask would your responce be to this?

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Simply ask why do they feel this way. When they give you the usual "signs of the time" earthquakes, crime, immorality, disease, hunger. etc bullshit, methodically debunk each one of their points. There is plenty of material here and on jwfact.com, freeminds, etc for that.

That is, of course, if you want to be labeled as an apostate .

-Yan

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Say this:

"Just because you were a failure in the world, doesn't mean i will be. Don't project your own incompetence onto me, thanks."

Then walk away & don't look back.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I was "born in" but I got DF'd, went deep into the "world" and I have to say, it wasn't that bad. In fact, I had less drama, less stress, and more time to do the things I wanted to do. Hiking, camping, spending more time at the gym, having a girlfriend and doing things on the weekends with her... it was the closest thing to a "normal" life I had.

Wish I never went back...

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Ask him/her what their experience was. No doubt it was “terrible” because they made poor decisions.

Life outside the Borg is what you make it. Live responsibly and things go well for you. Make bad decisions and things will go wrong. Instead, a person needs to take responsibility for how they live, not blame others (or, “the world”) for what happens.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I've noticed that the ones that really go off the deep end when they go into the world, that they are like a spring that has just been unsprung with all of its force behind it. These kids are wound so tight by their parents "in the truth" that when they get sick of the bullshit and leave, they go all out and get trashed. I knew of one elders son who abused drugs, drank like a fish, got thrown in jail for carrying an concealed firearm into a bar, robbed to pay for his "fixes".... you name it he probably did it. He comes back years later and says, "the world is evil, it makes you do crazy things that ruin your life."

No it doesn't, you're just a poor decision maker and party seeker.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

If you had made the truth your own, it would have been with you to protect you.

Regular meeting attendance and hanging with JW's isn't the same thing as being "out of the world" any more than not engaging in the same activities is being "in the world".

Don't you remember Jesus prayer to Jehovah when he prayed in John chapter 17...

“I request you, not to take them out of the world, but to watch over them because of the wicked one . They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world. Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word is truth."

Jesus was protected because God's word was with him and in him and the same can be true of anyone who makes the truth their own.

• ZeusRocks
    ZeusRocks

I agree with Broken Promises. Life outside the WTS is what you decide to make of it. But that is the big difference. Life becomes what you decide and no one else, especially not a bunch of geezers in Brooklyn.

I have found a huge difference though. I was also a born-in. Growing up there were just a few times I would have been classed as being out in the world. During these times I still believed the WTS to be true so everything I experienced, saw or did, was seen through indoctrinated eyes. Perception plays an enormous part in how we see the world.

The truth is, bad things do happen in the world, they always have, a lot of the times by our own stupidity and sometimes by things beyond our control. The world is a beautiful place, with many many beautiful people, from all cultures around the globe. The world isn't here to cater for our needs, we're the ones who decide how we are going to interact with the world.

The world has choices and that is a wonderful thing. As some people on here know I don't hold any religious views, but now I am free from the grip of indoctrination I can enjoy things you could never enjoy in the WTS. I can go to a church or cathedral and admire the artwork, ambience and history of it. I could go out and buy a picture or statue of Mary or Jesus because I think it looks nice. I can have works of art from Ancient Egyptian, Greek or Roman religious beliefs, because they look nice. I can decide who my friends will be. I also decide how my spare time is spent. And it's not just me, anyone who has been able to free themselves from indoctrination in the WTS can make these choices for themselves. But more importantly, the choices you make will be honest in who you are as a person and not about who you are trying to impress.

• Bluegill
    Bluegill

My wife and I get up an go to work for 40hours a week. We relax on the weekend. We travel a little bit. We go to concerts and sporting events. We spend time with each other and our families. We take care of our home and our yard. I enjoy being part of the world. The world is a pretty nice place. Sure there will be issues now and then but like people are saying, try and make the right decisions and you'll find living life is great. I don't know what the JW's think happens to people when they leave them. Like their world implodes or something. People can't possibly be happy outside of the JW's!!! LOL!!!! Most of us have found that we are much happier!!

Bluegill

• Ice cream
    Ice cream

'TRUTH' is loaded language as is 'The world' or 'Worldly' for a start.

http://www.cultwatch.com/mctb.html

Although the person my have been physically out of the ORG, mentally they were obviously still under WTS indoctrination.

Gubberningbody. Are you for real or being sarcastic?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit