Older man marries younger woman, yes; younger man marries older woman?

by dgp 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• Scully
    Scully

Young (early 20s) newly baptized man marries well-to-do and well-connected within the JWs early/mid-40s widow. Whirlwind romance: engaged within a week of meeting, married a month later. Their child is born within 10 months of the wedding.

Young man benefits from the sugar mama effect (house is paid for, she dotes on him financially, sets up a business for him) and gets to hobnob with COs and DOs due to her inner-circle position within the JWs. Young man travels very quickly up the Privileges™ scale and before you know it, he's Presiding Overseer™.

They both continue to age, and by the time he's in his early 30s, he has gone through a couple of failed business ventures (on her dime). Her father - who has been living with them for many years - passes away and leaves her a healthy inheritance.

They decide to move cross country to be closer to his family, which isolates her from her adult children and grandchildren.

She comes home from Serve-Us™ one day to discover that her knight in shining armor has moved out, moved all their possessions out, and cleaned out the bank account and moved in with a woman his own age - a former flame whom he had known before he converted to the JWs.

• flipper
    flipper

My wife married me ! I'm four and a half years younger than her and she and I are blissfully happy ! She hasn't complained - yet ! LOL ! Nor have I ! LOL ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• dgp
    dgp

Awful story, Scully .

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly
    My x (still a jw) who is 62 married a jw in her early 20s. He won't tell our kids her exact age.
    Coffee

I do not care who you are that is just odd. What does this young "girl" see in him? I assume your "ex" is still a JW? When I was in my 20's no way in the world would I look at a 62 yo. Heck my parents and inlaws are in their early 60's.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

As long as their in love but what makes you think is, why would a woman in her 20's/30's want to be with a man 20-25+ years older than her? That sends off a red flag. Only thing I can think of is foreign women in countries who are struggling think American men have $. Then that could be the draw.

• freydo
    freydo

I would like someone to love....but not every day and have something materially to bequeath to when I keel over, besides my teeth, which looking on the bright side won't be very long. But you never know. It would be best if they lived at least 1500 miles away from S Florida and had their own financial/parental/health affairs in order and don't want to be bothered with anybody else's. If interested, pm. If not, don't. And age and weight matters - <50 & 150

And they'd have to be permanently out.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

As long as their in love but what makes you think is, why would a woman in her 20's/30's want to be with a man 20-25+ years older than her? That sends off a red flag. Only thing I can think of is foreign women in countries who are struggling think American men have $. Then that could be the draw.

She is from the Phillipines. He doesn't have any money, though I'm not sure she knows that... he lives in an airstream trailer.

Coffee

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

LOL I almost spit my drink out. I hope she realizes an airstream trailer is not hitting the jackpot.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The ridiculous revulsion felt by some people at this is just based on the breeding instinct.

When a virile young muscular stud marries a woman of say 90, it is either for REAL love, he is a gerontophile, or she is mega rich. Elderly people still are sexual beings.

Since the possibility of kids (except if she is called Sarah) is nil, the real purpose of sex = breeding is thwarted, and it is seen by some as "unnatural". ("Natural" being a term of approbation for whatever preconceptions you carry arround in your head)

This is why an old man marrying a young girl is viewed with less distaste, as breeding is still possible.

If two people love each other GO FOR IT. You are a long time dead. Send her to her grave with a great big smile on her face I say.

HB

• freydo
    freydo

There's something bio/psycho about all this. Heard a guy on radio the other day talking about women in their teens wanting to be older, but not that much older. Like 30 was the cut off for most and 40 for a lot was death. Men not so much. In fact the opposite. It's like the age old addage that opposites attract. Facts are that women were born to be fertile up to a point - after that - no dice. After that they can be grandmas and help with the young. Men on the other hand.....I can't imagine being married again, but if I was, i wouldn't be interested in anybody close to my age - no offense. Just wouldn't want anybody reminding me of my mother, aunt, sister or grandmother.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit