Did your Kingdom Hall have kitchen?

by asilentone 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Ours had a 50's style kitchen in the basement with a kettle, some sugar, coffee whitener and a fridge (lucky to have plastic knives and forks). With this marvellous feature, service was encouraged right after the Sunday meeting directly from the Hall; all you had to do was bring your sandwich and some fruit, coffee would be provided and you could head out into the field shortly after 1:00 p.m. and quickly 'start your time'.

The service group would be held a 1/2 hour after the meeting ended right in the Hall. If you wanted to be seen to be 'out in the work', Sundays was the day to do it...ah, the memories...

Looking back, then, Sunday was ALL RELIGION, ALL OF THE TIME...up at the crack of dawn to get ready for the meeting, wolf down breakfast, get 'properly attired', 1/2 hour drive to the Hall, meeting started 10:00 a.m., over at noon; field service arrangement at 12:30; out in the field by 1:00 - 2 hours minimum, coffee break, home around 3:30/4:00. Basically too drained to do anything else, but prepare for the work week starting Monday morning, again at the crack of dawn....what a bloody hamster wheel arrangement that was! Ok, I digress....

• life is to short
    life is to short

Yes the hall I grew up in had full kitchen.

• dandingus
    dandingus

Ours had two microwaves, a sink, and a mini fridge in the conference room. Not really a full kitchen, but it was enough for the pioneers to chill or heat up their lunch.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Our old KH had a full kitchen. Used for regional elders meetings etc. and also after the Tuesday afternoon group study. Now we have a newish quickbuild (very poor layout) and just have a small room with a kettle and microwave.

Local KH has a flat above it where the CO lives. Quite common this arrangement in the UK.

George

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Ours had an Apartment...... the society stopped letting anyone rent them, because a Pioneer Couple left the truth, but were renting the Apartment at a KH.... well they were evicited..... why?????........... because of religious beliefs??? YES!!!! ........................... The Courts Said ...NOOOOOO!!! THEY CAN STAY!!!!

no more renting Apartment KH's

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Ps.

I don't know if this was true.....

just passing what I heard...

you know ............. GOSSIP

• lesabre
    lesabre

the last hall i was at had a small kitchen, but no one was allowed to use it cause it might get messy, i guess they had a problem with people not cleaning the microwave. lol. so then they used it for storing the extra chairs for memorial.... >.<

• designs
    designs

You need a good Hot Plate to properly heat Tortillas.

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

I briefly attended a "mega-Hall" with four oversized meeting rooms on three levels, plus the spacious attached CO apartment and a large function room. It was used by five congregations and also as the circuit's special training/meeting location, so that's where PTS, MTS, and other events were held. I made many a sandwich in that kitchen -- the one just for events, not the additional one in the CO's apartment.

We also had an apartment at our Assembly Hall, but that was only used by DO. I don't know if housing DOs is standard, however, and I know my old district doesn't offer housing any longer, unless maybe it's based at different AHs than the one I attended. (Wow, so acronym-y tonight...)

• chickpea
    chickpea

the KH i attended, in the old one, had the basement apt
    set up with a kitchen, but the "new one" built in 1990
    just had a microwave and sink in "the library"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit