Virgina already has AZ illegal immigration law

by moshe 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

A liitle bump for beksbks

Do you support the authorities checking the immigration status of a person in custody, as you suggest is written into Virginia law? And just to satisfy my curiosity, would you kindly explain your position on illegal immigration?

• TD
    TD

Hi Shelby,

I'm thinking that we really should stop selling "wolf tickets" and just do away with hypocrisy once and for all. Well, okay, if not in the U.S., then at least here. Otherwise, we might as well turn right on back to the WTBTS... or at least stop pointing fingers at them...

You won't get any argument from me that we humans are hypocritical creatures.

Do past injustices have a bearing on whether you should be able to drive a black pickup truck in relative safety today?

Do people in other states even understand the significance of the question above?

If not, why do they seem to have such strong opinions about the situation in AZ?

• lola28
    lola28

I don’t think very many people here are going to argue that illegal immigration is not a problem, nor will anyone say that it should be accepted. I think we all agree that this administration needs to tackle the issue sooner rather than later.

The problem with this law is the fact that it singles out a single group of people, I as a Mexican woman with dark skin, eyes and hair am more likely to get pulled over and questioned than say my pasty British boyfriend. You don’t ever hear people saying “man I hate illegal Filipinos, why can’t we deport them?” it’s always Mexicans that are targeted, if you want to test my theory out go on the LA Times and check out their comments section, then come back here and tell me that I’m wrong. The passing of this law has allowed so many bigots to come out but they don’t call themselves racists they use the guise of being “concerned Americans” to justify their bigotry.

If illegal immigration was going to crush this country it would have done so decades ago, but it hasn’t. The US has prospered and grown with the help of the illegal workers that so many now want gone. This has nothing to do with people being concerned about people coming here illegally and everything to do with the fact that now that the economy is in the toilet you need someone to blame for it.

Where were you hypocrites during the Bush years? How many of you were outraged at the fact that he never did anything during his two terms to try and put a stop to illegal immigration? Oh wait, that’s not right he did have this brilliant idea to build a giant fence, how did that work out? And the same people that gave Bush a pass for eight years want Obama to have a solution for it “now”.

If you want someone to blame for the state our country is in don’t blame those people that come here trying to make a better life for themselves and their children, those who break their backs doing honest work, some of whom work 7 days a week just to put food on the table. The people that you now want to toss out are the same people that did work many others wouldn’t touch, at least not for the pay. These people were good enough to clean your houses, fix your cars, cook your food, clean the piss of off your dirty bathrooms, pick your produce and wipe the snot of off your kids’ faces when you couldn’t be bothered and now suddenly they are the enemy? What a joke.

If you want to point fingers why don’t we start with the Bush administration? Bush had EIGHT years to tackle illegal immigration and never bothered. He did however get us into two questionable wars that have cost us trillions of dollars, money that could have been put to better use here, making schools better, providing health care to Americans so that no one ever has to chose between seeing a doctor or paying the rent.

Lets also look at the companies that have sailed ship to lower their costs and maximize their profits, you wanna know why there are no jobs? It’s not because of Jose, it’s because a CEO thought it best to pay Amir in India 4 dollars a day rather than paying an American worker 8.75 an hour. It’s time we all cut the bullshit and look at ourselves and what our role in all this is. As Americans we spent money we didn’t have, bought $40,000 SUVs that we couldn’t afford, got huge mortgages that we could never pay back, because really darling who buys a house with no granite counter tops? We put things on plastic without ever giving a second thought to how we would pay it back and it came back and bit us in the ass.

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Another liitle bump for beksbks

Do you support the authorities checking the immigration status of a person in custody, as you suggest is written into Virginia law? And just to satisfy my curiosity, would you kindly explain your position on illegal immigration?

• beksbks
    beksbks

DS Why I am playing with you, I do not know.

Illegal immigration is illegal. Throw the bums out. They bring down the wages of citizens. That is my biggest concern. That said, I do not see throwing out children who have been here since birth. Those children should not pay for the sins of not only their fathers, but the f*cks that have hired them at slave wages for years. Don't forget, these people do pay taxes. Sales etc. on the local level. The only real answer I can see to the problem, is to stop the employers. That is why they come. Illegal immigration has actually slowed lately, because of the economy. Anyone who has committed a crime, is fair game. Search em seize em send em home, whatever.

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

DS Why I am playing with you, I do not know.

Because you kinda like me

Illegal immigration is illegal. Throw the bums out.

Good call

They bring down the wages of citizens. That is my biggest concern. That said, I do not see throwing out children who have been here since birth. Those children should not pay for the sins of not only their fathers, but the f*cks that have hired them at slave wages for years.

The fault is with employers? What about the illegals? They are innocent?

Don't forget, these people do pay taxes.

No they don't. How can they pay taxes without a social security number?

Sales etc. on the local level.

Sales tax I'll give you

The only real answer I can see to the problem, is to stop the employers. That is why they come.

They come because it's easy to come. It's nobody's fault but their own. THEY broke the law first by illegally crossing the US border. Illegal employment came second. I agree with you. Employers of illegal workers should be prosecuted

Iimmigration has actually slowed lately, because of the economy.

Absolutely. Not because of anything else but the slow US economy.

Anyone who has committed a crime, is fair game. Search em seize em send em home, whatever.

Good for you, beksie

I say, anyone who is here illegally and broken state and federal laws, search em seize em send em home, whatever.

So why the disagreement?

• beksbks
    beksbks

Because the AZ law has the potential to make life difficult for citizens who have committed no crime.

Hell yes the employers. I don't blame people for wanting to improve thier lives. Personally I find most recent immigrants to be damn hardworking decent people. It's the employers who are screwing them and legal Americans that need to be targeted.

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Because the AZ law has the potential to make life difficult for citizens who have committed no crime.

Difficult? They have to carry an ID card. Who doesn't?

I don't blame people for wanting to improve thier lives.

Who do you blame for law breaking?

It's the employers who are screwing them and legal Americans that need to be targeted.

Illegals are not at fault? It's the people that hire them? Legal Americans need to be targeted?

You are looney-tunes

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Sorry if I offended you, beksbks. I always thought it was a legitimate discussion. I was wrong and I'm gone from here. Take care

• beksbks
    beksbks

Them's fightin' words!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit