Personals

by jayhawk1 28 Replies latest social relationships

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I thought a discussion about personal ads would be fun. I have dated many women by many different methods. Except I have never looked for women at a bar. For instance I met my soon-to-be-wife on an internet presonal ad. I had looked at it for about three days, and decided to write her. After about a month, of talking on the phone and writing each other we met, and we found the love we were after.

I have met other women the way I met Jessica. Some women I met this way I liked and some were trouble. My question is, has anybody else tried it? Has it been a success or failure? Would you do it again?

I will post some of my disasters later if this thread gets any interest.

Is this a light saber in my pocket or am I just happy to see you?

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• LDH
    LDH

JAYHAWK!!

Too fuunny. I've never taken out a personal, but I used to read them for fun--you know, so many beautiful, interesting, financially stable people are all alone, LOL! [8>]

But when I first met my hubby, he had a personal ad out, and I asked him had he gotten any responses from it. Said just a few wierd ones from GUYS....LOL.

So I looked at the ad he had placed--he had phoned it in, which I guess is what caused the HUGE GAFFE--see if you can spot it, LOL.

"Professional Black Male, 6'5", financially stable,loves jazz and concerts. Loves to golf, ski, and vacation. Looking for an open, sincere, man to share some time with."

BWA HA HA I still fall on my ass laughing every time I think of it. Of course, he didn't think it was too funny.

I guess he settled for me, LOL.

Lisa
    GREAT TOPIC!
    hey y'all--I didn't meet him thru a personal, I met him at work. I worked for an outsourced firm that he hired. Yup, he married the help, LOL. (SUUUURRRREE Lisa, lol)

• thinker
    thinker

Way to go Jayhawk!
    Yes, I posted an ad. Got a reply, met 10 days later. Got engaged in 6 days. And married within 2 months of posting the ad.
    Best thing that ever happened to me.

• julien
    julien

WANTED: Good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, dig worms and
    clean fish. Must have boat and motor. Send picture
    of boat and motor.

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

I'm happily married so I am not allowed to look for women in any way shape or form, but I have read articles about moderately well off older men in this country going to Eastern Europe to find a bride. Apparently there are plenty of fairly attractive Russian women who are willing to hook up with a dumpy, balding American male with a few bucks. By the way, I certainly don't mean that in the perjorative sense as I have a mirror in my bathroom.

But I read one interesting story about a man who went to some city in Russia with a group of other American men who each paid $3,000 plus travel expenses for a week in order to find Mrs. Right. This one man found a gorgeous Russian woman and brought her back to the states to marry her. A few weeks after the wedding, she sent her old boyfriend in Russia airline fare to come to the U.S. They had arranged to kill the American with the idea of inheriting all of his wealth. They did kill him, but didn't get away with it.

I guess the moral of this story is, do a thorough background check on anyone you want to marry these days.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

drahcir yarrum, or is that Richard Murray?

I heard about the experience you speak of.

Here is a little more about my dating history. I went to Bogota Columbia much like that man going to Russia. I admit I had a wonderful time meeting women, but I decided bringing back a woman from there would not be a good idea. The women seemed more interested in leaving than the men they were meeting.

What can I say, before I left the JWs, I was a workaholic. Work was my only way of excaping my life as a JW. When I left, I needed a vacation, and I wanted to meet women so I went to Columbia. I had fun and I got some much needed rest. I was able to come back with a clear head and was able to make the decisions necessary that would affect my life. Decisions I don't regret.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Does anybody else want to add their experiences?

Good or Bad? Should a person do it or not? Anything?

• LDH
    LDH

Hey did you guys catch that--in my husband's personal, the brain dead chick who typed the ad in typed that he was looking for a GUY!!!

Lisa

PS-Hope you guys have a great weekend, I'm outta here.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I am so thick, that I missed that. Cool.

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

I meet Harmony over this board. She lives 3 blocks up the street from me... We like to go out, and have a good time every now, and then...

Chad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit