If the WTBTS suddenly dissappeared

by exwhyzee 20 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

If the WT disappeared it would be a blessing for all the trees in the world- no more trees being cut down to become worthless WT literature.

• JWoods
    JWoods

How long would this board last after WTBTS dissappeared?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I think most of those that are not talking to disfellowshipped friends and relatives would continue with the shunning practice out of pride and spite.

Absolutely. Most would.

This is one different between Thought Reform (mind control) and brainwashing.

The person influenced by Thought Reform will still cling to the same ideas/values, even when removed and isolated from the group/leader. They live in fear of displeasing their Heavenly Father and their Heavenly Father's spokesperson (WT) has clearly told them to shun ex-members. Moreover, they'll quote a Scripture or two supporting the practice.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Maybe the closest "real world" example of such a scenario was the dissolution of the WorldWide church of God - which of course did not really "dissappear" but was pretty much taken down in a reform effort.

Apparantly about half to two thirds just went off to something else, maybe a quarter went along with the reformed doctrine.

But without Armstrong Sr. to keep beating the drum, probably only a very tiny fraction of the true believers still keep the faith.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77
    People who need to feel superior will just shift from one self-validating thing to another..... if none is found they sink into depression and bitterness

Yknot, I've missed you! Where have you been? Love your quote above. So true.

• undercover
    undercover
    How long would this board last after WTBTS dissappeared?

That was my first thought.... if the WTS disappeared, there wouldn't be much need for bitching boards about their stupid beliefs or their shunning policies.

• Peaches1978
    Peaches1978

I think i would laugh at my family in there faces and be like what happend did mommy abanded you guys... what are you going to do now......LMAO....

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Where will you go now bitches?! (followed by demented laughter)

• undercover
    undercover

Actually, if the WTS were to "disappear", which I define as having to shut down, close the doors, shutter the KHs across the lands... it would provide the oppurtunity for dozens of similar sects to spring up and take their place.

Charismatic COs, DOs and Bethel elders would step in and claim that they are the F&DS. Each one would have it's own channel to God and would claim exclusivity.

The majority of the 7 million followers would split among the sects and keep going as if they really did find the "truth" this time. Some dubs, the secret apostate ones, would take this oppurtunity to leave all religion behind and live in the real world.

But in the end, those that really really believed in the WTS/JWs would find some way to continue to believe in something similar.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would shun those who are intent on running my life. It is not worth trying to re-establish relationships with those who simply seek to run your life, regardless of religious rules.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit