Swedish Film: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

by leavingwt 22 Replies latest social entertainment

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I recently watched this Swedish film and I was very impressed. It's a murdery mystery/thriller for a mature audience.

David Fincher is going to direct an English-language remake starring Daniel Craig. (I like Fincher as a director, but I don't see the point in remaking the film. Evidently, Americans cannot be bothered with subtitles and the studios think they can make some cash.)

I have not read the novels, but I enjoyed the first part of this trilogy. (The second film was recently released here, but I haven't seen it yet.)

What did you think of it? Has anyone read the books?

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

My daughter rented the movie. My husband and I loved it. The only thing we didn't like were that we couldn't read the Swedish news paper clips or when they showed some kind of clue that was written in Swedish.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I just finished the first book, liked it very much, even though sort of figured out most of the ending.

Did you like the second book? I just picked it up, haven't started it yet.

I'll check on the movie from Netflix, didn't even know there was one.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I had to put the book down, and never picked it up again.

Sexual violence and torture disgust me too much. It took weeks to get rid of the description of her bleeding anus from my mind.

HB

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

I've read all three books and just saw the second film last weekend. It wasn't as good as the first, but still better than most current Hollywood schlock. Noomi Rapace as Lisbeth Salander is in the Harrison Ford/Han Solo league of perfect casting decisions.

• baltar447
    baltar447

uh oh. Someone said bleeding anus.

Does the movie go into such detail?

• The Finger
    The Finger

I have the books but are still in the to read pile.

• dgp
    dgp

I have the Millennium Trilogy (that book plus other two) but they are still on my "to do" list. I have been told it's excellent.

• MsDucky
    MsDucky
    uh oh. Someone said bleeding anus.
    Does the movie go into such detail?

The movie doesn't say such descriptive things. But, there is a rape scene. I can't tell you what happens because it gives it away. The rape scene is R rated.

The rape scene really makes you feel bad for the victim. . . but something else happens. . . I can't tell you!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Hemp -- Her performance is amazing. It's central to the intensity of the film. She owns it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit