Learn to Speak Fluent Churchese!

by theMadJW 49 Replies latest watchtower bible

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

What floats my boat is Fact, not fiction.

I have to separate WT opinion from fact- and focus on what is True!

• donny
    donny

Just curious,

Do you accept the new interpretation of "overlapping" generations?

And when you speak about facts, cite me an example of a fact you adhere to that most here do not.

Donny

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

No- that IS nonsense! Haven't you seen our RCV? I added this from one of you HERE!

Matthew 24:34: "truly I say to you, those Overlapping generations will not pass away until all these things occur." -RWV (Watchtower Opinion!)

• donny
    donny

Well I for one am glad you are here. I do think you are overly hung up on the trinity, but I enjoy seeing the views from both hard-core JW's and those who have left and all that is in between. Your Matthew 24:24 above is quite funny and shows the ludicrousness of that "new light."

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Thanks- but I can't take credit for it- I forgot who here dreamed it up!

Where do YOU fit in, Donny?

• donny
    donny

I left the Jw's back in 1992 and was at first inclined to join the church my parents attended (Church of Christ). At first it seemed to make sense but as I became more inquisitive and asked more questions, the more confusing it became. I eventually came to the conclusion that the Bible was written and put together in such a way that it is virtually impossible to get a clear understanding of all the things it addresses.

I am an agnostic at the moment. That could change, but it would take virtually a supernatural experience for me to really to buy into those Hebrew and Greek writings of long ago.

Donny

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

You sound just like I, when a Catholic studying the Bible with 'em.

Seeing, eventually, how ridiculous my Catholic beliefs were, I told them- we've been around for centuries- you people only 100 years. I don't believe the Bible anymore! I don't wanna study anymore.

They asked me to do them a favor; to do research at the Library on the Bible's background- since I didn't believe their literature...

Sevceral months of such research when off work convinced me it really WAS from a source Higher than man...

I wish you would do likewise!

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

"Holy Mary, Mother of God..."

Even you Protestants believe that, tho not using that term...

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Yea-Yeah!

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

"Death" and "Resurrecion" are synonyms, in churchese- meaning changing forms...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit