"You don't have to go to church to know God."

by leavingwt 41 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I've always believed that god exists in all churchs, mosques, temples, shrines, homes, people and sparrows. He is everywhere and anywhere the hearts and minds take him. Or leave him. Ever elusive, logically inconclusive, he walks within and with out a home of any size or design. He likely also knows the relative airspeed velocity of a laden european swallow, but we only have unconfirmed reports at this time.

Even the KKK churches and Jonestown?

-Sab

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Even the KKK churches and Jonestown?
    -Sab

If they say they believe in god, who can say otherwise?

• Chalam
    Chalam

leavingwt "You don't have to go to church to know God."

Indeed, you don't.However, if you have family, it is nice to talk to them and meet up once in a while :)

Galatians 3:26-29 (New International Version)

Sons of God
    26 You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. Also, there is a different dynamic when the body meets together, it starts to function as a whole.

Romans 12:4-8 (New International Version)

4 Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. 7 If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; 8 if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.

No person can function well on their own as they have limited functionality. For example, prophecy isn't my biggest gifting and if I had stayed at home I would have missed some awesome and encouraging prophetic words that have been given to me through others.

Surely the WT have robbed Christians of enough already?

Blessings,

Stephen

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Burn

DD emphasizes God's justice, and how much greater it is than ours.

Wouldn't you agree that emphasizing God's justice is a loving thing to do?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

It could be. :-)

BTS

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Burn

It could be. :-)

Only if you believe in God's justice.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

DD:

You've still not ripped BTS a new one over this statement:

We are God's children, all of us. He knew every one of us from the beginning of Time.
    He loves us, he is callingus all home.

What kind of feel-good Universalist nonesense is that? A just God doesn't love Satan's children and he certainly isn't calling them home.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

leavingwt

Oh I'm getting to that.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Oh I'm getting to that.

[Looking for popcorn. . .]

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

leavingwt

OK I'll start the pillow fight.

What kind of feel-good Universalist nonesense is that?

It's called Catholicism

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit