My A/C is OUT!

by asilentone 23 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

Gladiator,

I loved Dinty Moore canned stew when I was a kid. Me and my buddy, Jim, would put a couple cans in our rucksack, with some candy bars and we were ready for any adventure. We cooked the stew in the can over an open fire, just like a couple of hobos, and it tasted great. We had our BB guns to fight off any wild beasts who might attack us and walkie talkies to communicate with, a pup tent, flashlights, binoculars, compass etc. That was real adventure for pre-teenage boys.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You city folks would die in the Canadian desert..LOL!!..

It`s easier to pull air,than push air..

Open your Windows,use your screen door..

Use one of your fans in a window or doorway,facing the outdoors..

That will suck the hot air out of the house and create a cool breeze..

Your pets and kids will be less cranky..

It`s going to be over 100F here today..I`ll be comfortable..With no A/C..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• undercover
    undercover

The problem with pulling in the outside air is that you're bringing all that outside humidity into your house. That's okay if you're in a low humidity area, I guess, but it it's not so good where high humidity is the norm.

When I was a kid, we had an attic fan that we ran at night. We opened all the windows and pulled in that cool, night air and then would close the house up when it was cool. Boy, it felt good in the morning when the cool breeze was coming through but it played hell on surfaces that were susceptible to mold and mildew.

• asilentone
    asilentone

The A/C is fixed today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit