Fried Green Tomato recipe... anyone?

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 26 Replies latest social entertainment

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

By the way, my method for cooking fried green tomatoes works with other vegetables and fish, too.

• Open mind
    Open mind

"The secret's in the sauce".

• Gregor
    Gregor

Ymmm. Love them. Try using Panko bread crumbs with a little flour after the egg dip. Might as well do some sweet onion rings at the same time.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

mkr: "I love fried green tomatoes but my recipe is unfortunately the apostate one. You have to slice the tomatoes and then rub them all over a couple naked girls before you fry them!"

Actually, I think that might have been King Solomon's recipe for fried green "love apples".

• snowbird
    snowbird

I have nothing to contribute except this here is how they're supposed to look when done:

Yummy!

Oh, I use olive oil - extra virgin.

Syl

• crapola
    crapola

After reading this yesterday I fried some green tomatos last night. They were really good. I also want to watch the movie real soon too. I always wondered if the old geezer was actually eating Ruth's mean husband!!!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Today, I hope I can find some at the produce stand.

Syl

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I think I have enough green tomatoes to share with the entire forum. Too bad I'm so far out in the sticks. Next time I'll try frying onion rings and zucchini, too.

Syl: "Oh, I use olive oil - extra virgin."

Isn't that the kind of oil that Solomon used... on his extra virgins?

FHN, My gravy recipe is similar except I open a can, put contents in microwave safe container, heat, enjoy.

crapola, Of course that's how the movie ended. The moral of the story: Women don't want men with good taste, they want men that taste good.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

If you're serious about cooking with olive oil, keep in mind that if you heat it hot enough to deep fry anything in, then you break down all the health properties of the oil. It's not meant to cook at high temps. Lol about the canned gravy. I have seen it in jars, but not cans.

• crapola
    crapola

Hey Billy, you're funny!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit