Birthdays and Jehovah

by I quit! 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Titus
    Titus

ND, I have problems now because of one PM I sent you!

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

titus,

I don't know what you mean by problems?

• Titus
    Titus

OK. It doesn't matter. I am sorry for derailing this thread.

Did you tell anybody the info I sent you on PM few months ago??

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Titus,

only my husband and were both out of the organization and nobody talks to us.

????

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

Birthdays are a problem if you are going to live forever. The concept of time changes when youve been alive for hundreds of years. To put a timeline on your life marks an end to it. I was born. Dont remember when. Dont care. Planning on living 200 years old at least in this imperfect world to prove that point. My not celebrating birthdays is not because of god. Its because of me. But not celebrating birthdays because the only mention of it in the bible is negative, is stupid superstition. Have fun.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Hi Quillsky,

You have helped me decide.

It was whether to attend or not.............it's the guilt thing about doing something that for the past 50 years I've been told is wrong......what will Jehovah think............what would Jesus say if he walked in the room & saw me celebrating a B-I-R-T-H-D-A-Y!

You know all the hair splitting you seem to have to do as a JW

However I have decided I am going!!

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Heartofaboy, awesome!

Hi Quillsky,

You have helped me decide.
    However I have decided I am going!!

Come back here after the party and tell us how it made you feel to have fun choosing a gift for her, and at the same time helping someone else to have a special day with the people she chose.

Proud of you.

• I quit!
    I quit!

If Jesus showed up Heartofaboy he'd probably bring the wine. I the elders (pharisees) showed up they wouldn't recognize Jesus and would ask you if he was also a Jehovah's Witness so they could have you both disfellowshipped for conduct unbecoming a stick up your but Jehovah's Witness.

Go and have a great time!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit