Further developments in my JC

by teel 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

You're going into a room of janitors pretending to be theologians

Good one Billy

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Wow, I am really impressed with your style! I am really interested to see how it plays out (even though we know the result is DFing but I wanna read how you handle it all)

I liked the journalist suggestion....

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

All you need to do is grab some guy, tell him to wear a suit, and bring a notepad, pen, and recorder (hidin) and have him just sit there and observe. Watch them squirm!

• book
    book

Am I hearing this right? Could you bring your lawyer to a JC? Is your case special/unusual somehow?

• ziddina
    ziddina

"Could you bring your lawyer to a JC? Is your case special/unusual somehow?..."

Book, you're assuming that the elders have the right to tell Teel what he can and cannot do...

In point of fact, legal representation is every person's right - that is, if they are living in a democratic society...

I suspect that one could bring "Blinkey the Clown" to an elders' meeting, if one so chose - that is, if one is not interested in retaining the "good will" of the elders involved.

But whenever a person is faced with a "trial" - a hearing, a "judicial" committee - and the Watchtower has laid themselves open for this, by calling it a "judicial" committee - they have the right to have a lawyer present.

I suppose that Teel could also go to the REAL courts - the actual, LEGAL ones - and ask that an impartial mediator be appointed...

That'd frost the elders' cookies...

• Perry
    Perry

Teel,

Hang in there. I know this is difficult.

My answer was that my only allegience is to God and his Word

I'm afraid this a big threat to them.....always has been to corporate style Christianity.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I wonder what would happen if more people let the elders know that they will hold them responsible for the breakup of their families

loss of life, and harm to their children. And tell them that they would start suing each one on the JC and actually have

a lawyer in there with them . As independant agents ,what would the elders do, would the borg catch their backs

or drop them.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Teel - Absolutely brilliant stuff...and yes I believe you're doing the right things...getting these decent ones to really 'think' is excellent ...it might set them free ultimately...

I actually feel that what you're doing is on behalf of us all cos I so wish I'd done things this way ...sadly I didnt have a clue at the time...was a lamb to the proverbial slaughter ...so thank you.

Loz x

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

The elders are in constant contact with the wt legal dept, why should they prevent you from having 1 lawyer? But, I'm sure they will try. Make sure that whoever is or poses as your lawyer tells them or writes that their private meetings have to stay private, any public announcement is grounds for slander and defamation of character, and all on the committee will be charged accordingly. You'll probably never hear from them again.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I'm gonna have to have them choose between serving God and the bible ways or the WT Org.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit