I've been labelled an apostate over Paedophile scandal - official

by James_Slash 27 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I told her that she uses the term 'apostate' so easily. Yet, the purpertrators of these crimes and the ones who support them are worthy of inheriting the kingdom? Are you telling me that your God and Jesus Christ support this conduct?

This was a really good response!

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

It's covered up pretty well within the Organization. So to them you are making wild accusations and slandering the Society.

-Sab

I told my mother, who is still an active zombie, about it, and she denied it. I told her I could give her copies of news articles and videos of actual news casts. She refused, "you almost sound like an apostate" was her reply. You can not show someone anything if they refuse to see.

• James_Slash
    James_Slash

I've recieved a response from her saying that it was only fair to hear both sides of the story!!! No apology, nothing.

I actually discovered it was an ex-JW who snitched on me to her current JW Mom. Word got passed amongst 3-4 people and landed at the feet of the person who e-mailed me on Friday.

All JW's and some ex-JW's who are still 'sympathisers' have now been removed from Facebook and blocked! Good riddance.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I bet those three or four people aren't the only ones your post got to.

• James_Slash
    James_Slash

Yes Black Sheep, there are probably more but who cares?

I've been gone for 5 years now but have only recently started expressing my dislike of certain things to do with the JW's when probably JW 'friends' also thought that I was a 'sympathiser'.

A few of them were convinced that I would be back and even tried to convince me to leave my current partner and child and return to a faith that I no longer believe in. I found this laughable and they couldn't understand my cynicism.

I started questioning the WTBTS long before I left. There were many issues - not just to do with paedophiles that I felt uncomfortable about. I think it was mainly peoples conduct outside the Kingdom Hall that I found most disturbing.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

''Am I not entitled to make an opinion on something which has become a major problem?''

NO, not if you are a JW. You are not to hold an opinion that is not told to you to hold.

oz

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

I've recieved a response from her saying that it was only fair to hear both sides of the story!!!

Try reminding her of that next time she supports the official WTBTS position of never questioning them or reading anything about them on the Internet.

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

I would reply and tell her to fu*k off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit