Hello - I´m new here

by Starfish 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

hi and welcome.....great people here

• today
    today

Hi and welcome to the board. It's action packed around here. Think your going to love it. Curious to know, how are things with your mom?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Welcome..

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome!

Warn the rest of the family about the disfellowshipping issues!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hi, Starfish!! starfish with hearts

WELCOME!!!

(I'm the resident "smileys" nut...)

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us - I'm glad that your exit has been relatively painless - especially compared to the horror stories that some people here on-board have gone through - and are still going through...

(By the way, if you like the animated starfish I've used - and want to use it yourself, you can "copy and paste" it to your own posts... I would suggest that you place one copy of it in a thread that you can access quickly, so you can "copy" from that whenever you want to "paste"... Or, if you're on Photobucket, it's under "starfish" search, currently on page 8...)

Zid - who's a Neo-PolyTheist, by the way...

• Think About It
    Think About It

Starfish..........welcome to the forum. Nice yo have you.

Think About It

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum, Starfish.

You can edit your posts for 30 minutes.

It's nice to hear a story where the parents work it out before their kids are indoctrinated. Congratulations.

Chris

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Welcome Starfish

Welcome Ice Cream

• Starfish
    Starfish

Thanks to everyone for their welcomes..

I know my exit has been relatively easy....reading other people´s stories have been quite shocking and often upsetting how they have been treated. And I do feel pangs of guilt when I get a text from my cousin or when my kids go to their karate lessons, in case a witness sees them.

I am so glad I found this forum, it has really made me think about what it is all about and how it has actually affected me without realising. Without it I probably would just of carried on looking over my shoulder or avoiding certain family members in case they quiz me. No more lies or hiding for me.

So thanks again.

Today - you asked about my mom.. Well poor little thing died just before I moved abroad and just weeks after I had my new baby daughter. She never got to see her which is very sad. We spoke often on the phone and she was just the most positive person you could ever meet. Despite her life being quite sad..she was lovely. She died quite suddenly with pneumonia. I was living near London and she was in Liverpool. My sister woke me in the very early hours with the news. She was only 63. I went up for the funeral and not one of my witness family came to the funeral ! Heartless now I think about it.

Billy the Bethlite - the disfellowshipping thing I will definitely warn my family about ... I didn´t fully grasp it when I got baptized but when I experienced it with my mom, it is so awful. Love is not made with an on/off tap. This is what definitely keeps me far from that organization..the witnesses are only your friends on condition. It´s all conditional. This I can´t grasp at all..for stupid reasons they can shun you.

Ziddana - I love the starfish icon ..will try and cut and paste it but I am rubbish at techy stuff. Have to ask hubby. Can I have it for my avatar? If I can change it?

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome aboard Starfish!

Blessings,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit