For all those back at College / University

by cantleave 22 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I graduated with honors obtaining a BA in general studies with a concentration in psychology and an emphasis on writing in 2000 at the age of 35...I had enough credits that had I taken Logic 1 and 2 or Sign Language 1 and 2 and compiled a writing portfolio during a ninth semester, I would've graduated also with BAs in English and psychology with a minor in writing.

I would like to go to grad school, but I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

• InOregon
    InOregon

I am six months into 2 years for my AA and I am 54. I am getting A's. Anyone have some information about receiving grants or scholarships? I don't seem to be poor enough to qualify, yet I only make $13.00 hr on my job and I feel very poor!!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

InOregon, Have you done your FAFSA? Your school should have a department to help with all kinds of grant/scholarship/loan info.

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

InOregon, PM me and I can help you out. I received a ton of merit scholarships while working on my AA and would be happy to help you.

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Wow, this is my first post in a while. Reading everyone's posts is encouraging. I will be finished with my bachelors degree this year. Majoring in psychology in one of the CUNY schools (City University of New York). Surprisingly, I have a 4.0 GPA (hopefully I'll still have it when I graduate). I plan on going to graduate school next year if things work out.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Recently finished my BA in Business. Graduated with honors and in my early 40s.

• zoiks
    zoiks

You guys and girls rock. Seriously.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Well done everyone!

See what we can achieve when not tied to watchtower reasoning. Age isn't an obstacle if you have the right mind set.

Nugget is well into her second year of a BSc in psychology she is 45.

She stopped after her first year when she was 19 because of the "bad associations" and the constant frowning by other members of the congregation. although this never affected her career, it did mean that she never really fulfilled her academic potential.

I was lucky, I was sponsored "on the job" up to my masters, but I missed the opportunity of attending full time university and the social life that goes with it. I feel that put me at a disadvantage in terms of personal development and understanding of some of socio-political skill in the working environment compared to some of my graduate peers.

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

I was accepted into my program this spring and after my summer classes I have two years left- Yay!!!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

With a previous Dip.H.E. I've just finished my first year of a B.A.Hons with a 1st....start 2nd year in Sept...I'm over 50 too....

Well done everyone!

Loz x

PS Thanks for asking Cantleave x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit