For all those back at College / University

by cantleave 22 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

How are you doing?

• out4good3
    out4good3

Just graduated with a second AA degree from the local community college. My first was an AAS degree I got years ago during my awakening from WT stupor. Moving on to a local university where all my hours transferred into a program whereas I'll be finished with a Bachelors in December of 2011.

I plan on having a masters degree by the end of 2013 just in time for my 49th birthday.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Obtained my bachelor's June 2010, with honors, while working full-time...start law school August 24th. I was granted a half-ride scholarship of $16,000 per year. ...three years to go...sigh...

BTW, I am 50. :)

• truman
    truman

I am about to begin my second year of grad school with a 4.0 gpa. Over the summer, I was invited to assist one of my professors on an ongoing book project. That has been an amazing opportunity, one I never could have imagined myself having during my three decades as a JW. This is real research...the kind that not only examines existing materials for understanding and information, but also is meant to generate new insights and ideas. How different from the sham research one does (or is supposed to do) as a Witness. I am in my mid-fifties

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

I am in my mid-fifties

GO TRUMAN !!!!!!

• changeling
    changeling

I graduate with a BA, with honors, in December. I'm 51.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I haven't really decided for sure on my major yet, but this is really just the end of my freshman year. Yeah, I still have 3 years before I'll have my bachelors, but it's not like the world is going to end any time soon.

I got a 95% on my test today. The class average was 53.44%. So, I'm doing well.

And it's good to hear from the others. 50 is the new 30.

• Hadit
    Hadit

Wow!!! I'm so impressed - Congratulations everyone! It can be done. Good for you all. Now I'd better figure out what I want to do with my life - this is inspiration to get going on it!

• Opus92
    Opus92

Closing in on a secnd bachelor's degree. I have no idea what I want to do with my life, but I do love the job I'm i now.

• chickpea
    chickpea

with a very outdated BA (1980)
    i am within 4 courses of finishing
    an AAS with intentions of eventally
    acquiring an MS .....

mid 50s as well, but looking for
    opportunities for entrepreneurship

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit