If The Watchtower Ruled the World...

by brotherdan 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Oh I'm sure sex would be outlawed unless you were only wanting to procreate. No sex for fun. That is a selfish desire and must be deadened!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The Second Dark Ages.

You would have to attend their boasting sessions, no excuses--all of them. They would intentionally make them so you would have to sacrifice your health to attend them all, and anyone not there would be fined, tortured, or stoned to death (their choice). Everything you said there would be what was in the littera-trash you would be forced to read, and any comments not in the words of the paragraph would result in Trouble.

While in the workplace, you would have to abide by their rules at all times. There would be no Christmas anything--so much for setting up a Christmas tree or decorating the house or department store for a living. (Or for any other reason, for that matter.) No one would ever be able to take a break--lunches would be strictly regulated and you would be in trouble if you were even a second late back from lunch. Everything would be praising the Jehovah Baghead, and there would be Kingdumb sxxx you would be forced to listen to all the time (no drowning it out, either). There would be mandatory prayer before and after work--hard work on your part results in that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag, not you, getting the credit.

Then, after work, you would still be monitored. Suit dress-up is mandatory for everything--even a trip to the amusement park requires suit dress up. Most things we now take for granted would be banned--you would not be allowed to watch the movies, and most TV shows are "bad". Even children's shows that lack violence or foul language have some stupid thing they can use to "bad" them out--such as someone with a "gift" of being able to work with animals (which they would bash as being from demons, even if intuition and integrated thinking is really behind it). The National Geographic shows, used as models of "clean" TV, would be bashed for showing proof that the universe is more than about 50,000 years old. (And that the earth is more than about 50,000 years old.) And you would have to listen to Kingdumb sxxx instead of real music.

As for the bedroom, there would be "telescreens"--whether or not the janitors would be able to rig up real ones, you would still have snitchware everywhere. If you had sex, they would monitor it closely--one wrong move, or the wrong partner, or if you are designated "CELIBATE FOREVER", and you get in big Trouble. Masturbation is a big deal, and there would be rules about using the bathroom to make sure you do not stimulate yourself "too much" (in the name of sanitation). Not to mention, limits on hand soap and toilet paper would be imposed and strictly enforced--and, if you were not clean enough (or your home isn't clean enough), you get in trouble.

So much for life-defining experiences. No more Christmas. No more birthdays. No more getting candy on Halloween. No more picnics on patriotic holidays. No more big deals around graduation or the last day of school. No more summer vacations where you get to do something other than what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugge tells you to. No more class trips of any kind, even field trips where the class goes to learn about the real world. No more nothing.

• ZeusRocks
    ZeusRocks

I would hate to think. It would be something out of the Stepford Wives or Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

• dgp
    dgp

Heather and Gary Botting, themselves former witnesses and authors of "The Orwellian World of Jehovah's Witnesses" think that Orwell actually wrote "1984" inspired by what he saw in the witnesses. And if you read both books ("1984" and "The Orwellian...") you do notice striking resemblances.

But don't worry. The WT could never rule the world. First of all, they don't understand the world as it is. And then, whatever they say about us worldlies, the very ink and paper they use to print their magazines, the power they use, the water they drink, their clothing, even the fractions of blood that some could use "as a matter of conscience", most of the part-time jobs the victims hold so they can be exploited by the WT, everything has been provided by the worldlies. The Watchtower is not a civilization. There is no way they could make a small country work, unless the country went back to the Stone Age.

I believe it is right to quote Lenin here: "Facts are stubborn". Can you tell the brothers to use the Watchtower or the Awake! to solve the equations needed to build a house? We tend to take what we have for granted, but our civilization wouldn't exist were it not for men like Galileo and his "Eppur si muove", or without the French revolutionaries, or men like Thomas Alva Edison, who didn't happen to place a magazine and rather spent his life in futile and worldly pursuits. It's very sad that all the Watchtower can offer is brute force, no mercy, spying, sexual repression, a closed mind. In that respect, they are way, way, way below the Russians. Can the Watchtower send a woman to the space? Of course not; even if they had the way to do it, the woman has to know "her place".

• cheerios
    cheerios

speaking of orwellian ... "Animal Farm" also comes to mind ... especially the part about they were freed from tyranny ... and then the pigs taking over ... i'm sure they were of a separate class .. all "classes" are equal but some "classes" are more equal than others ...

actually, i dont think the WT could ever take over the world. there's only so much dumb to go around .. and the world is a big place. To quote Douglas Adams .. the gibbering Body would be "the jerks who were first against the wall when the revolution came" ...

• wobble
    wobble

The power they have now has corrupted them to the point where love does not enter their hearts.

If they had absolute power it would be the worst World you could think of.

The other aspect of this silly idea, that the world would be perfect if they ruled it, is that in the back of their minds JW's think there is little wrong with their world now, indeed it is "Spiritual Paradise" TM.

The truth is that right now all sorts of immoral things are being done in their midst, including the rape of children.

Some paradise.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

WT 11/15/52 p. 703
    Questions From Readers In the case of where a father or mother or son or daughter is disfellowshiped, how should such person be treated by members of the family in their family relationship?—P. C., Ontario, Canada.
    We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. "Thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him to death with stones, because he hath sought to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God, . . . And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is in the midst of thee."—Deut. 13:6-11, AS.
    Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God’s law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship. However, God’s law requires us to recognize their being disfellowshiped from his congregation, and this despite the fact that the law of the land in which we live requires us under some natural obligation to live with and have dealings with such apostates under the same roof.

So it is quite clear that a worldwide "theocratic nation" would not be "limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live." The Governing Body would kill apostates, assigning members of one's own family to participate in the killings. Apostasy would be defined by their convenience and could go as far as the slightest infraction of their rules- talking during a speech designed to re-indoctrinate the mind-control, failure to get a stain out of the carpet, women speaking out in the slightest.

• ambersun
    ambersun

The rank and file need to get those ridiculous images of beautiful smiling people skipping over meadows carrying baskets of fruit and stopping to cuddle the odd passing lion or tiger out of their cloud filled heads.

The Governing Body would kill apostates, assigning members of one's own family to participate in the killings. Apostasy would be defined by their convenience and could go as far as the slightest infraction of their rules- talking during a speech designed to re-indoctrinate the mind-control, failure to get a stain out of the carpet, women speaking out in the slightest.

That last bit fills me with horror. Speaking as a woman, can you imagine a woman with a brilliant mind (not me unfortunately I'm as thick as two short planks ) living forever and never being allowed to speak her mind, having to live in constant subjection to men? I'm not a feminist but I strongly believe in equality between the sexes and people being allowed to fulfill their potential as an individual based on ability rather than how their genitalia has been arranged, which would never happen in a world governed by the WTS.

Let any sister question her position in the tyranical male rule of the WTS and see what happens to her if the present law of the land as we know it no longer applies.

I know first hand of one sister with a brilliant brain who had a 1st in English and who would have made an excellent public speaker given half the chance, who wrote her Elder husband's talks for him on a regular basis when he was alive. He was always commended for his talks but not many people knew the truth as Mrs Elder remained quietly in the background like the dutiful wife she was, but I feel she must have been at least slightly frustrated at having to live this way at times (I actually think Mr Elder would have been happy for Mrs Elder to give the talks if it was allowed, to be quite honest lol).

Could sisters keep up the appearance of meek subjection for ever? All their brilliant ideas and solutions to everyday problems having to be kept to themselves or conveyed through their superior husbands for eternity? I somehow doubt it. Some of them would inevitably crack and start to show signs of independent thought, then they would see the true colours of the GB. JWs need to wake up to reality!!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Thanks for that repost and to Brizzy ...amazing...

Loz x

• life is to short
    life is to short

Billy the X Bethelite

You are so right on where you said Having served in Bethel, I think it would be much like a Communist dictatorship similar to the last years of the USSR where everything was mismanaged and wasted. People had no money, no freedom, no hope. Bethel looks all pretty because it spends tons of money to look that way. The majority that go last a few years at most, not a lifetime. Watchtower doesn't want to support more than a handful of aging residents.

I used to always tell my husband it was like a Communist country living at Bethel when we were there and it used to upset my husband when I said that, he was no this is a Jehovah's way of rulering well it seemed like Communist to me.

Anyway if the WT ruled the world then baby rapist would be every where and I truly mean it and victims would be committing suicide more and more. I know this for a fact as I see it happening right now. Anther young sister only 23 just killed herself over the pain of being abused in Jehovah's true religion. How many more victims do they need.

LITS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit