If The Watchtower Ruled the World...

by brotherdan 40 Replies latest jw friends

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

During my "intervention" the other night, an interesting thing was brought up that I remember hearing all through my life. I think even the WT has commented on it a time or two.

The girl I was talking to said, "Can you just imagine what this world would be like if it was run by Jehovah's Witnesses?!?" She was saying this so as to prove her point that Jehovah's Witnesses have love and would never go to war nor break the law. (Please hold back your laughter)

But that got me thinking. What WOULD the world be like if the Governing Body ruled it? The first word that came to my mind was "dictatorship". There would be no voting on matters. All things would be decided for us.

I wanted to start this thread and get everyones opinions on what they think the world would be like if there was a central governing body of JWs serving as a single ruling party over the world.

• Peaches1978
    Peaches1978

It would be the most boring world IF it were ran by them....

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

We'd all be DF'd

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

That my friend would be hell on earth. They would have a camera and microphone following you and recording everything you do in real time. No need for JC's, they'll zap you dead on the spot with their pace maker device installed in you at your birth.

• undercover
    undercover
    If The Watchtower Ruled the World...

Ever heard of "1984" by George Orwell? I'd say that sums it up pretty well...

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I'll have to look that up. Sounds interesting, in a disturbing way.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

It'd be a bit like Nazism, right? The elders being the SS? Everyone expected to report the other for any type of violation. The difference is that even the Nazis got to vote...

• undercover
    undercover

If you haven't read 1984, you need to. First off, it's a literary classic. It should have been on your reading list somewhere along the way through school. Not sure how you missed it.

But for ex-JWs (among others who lived under dictorial or totalitarian regimes) it's even more fascinating...

• Think About It
    Think About It

More like 1984 B.C.E. ancient Israel. JC's and the congregation would be stoning WT law violaters to death.

Think About It

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Just about everyone will opt to shoot themselves in the head rather that put up with such bullshit forever.

JWs are not committing mass suicides now, because of the hope for the "new system". Once they realize that this is, well, the "new system", the bodies will start hitting the floor en masse...

At least this is my optimistic vision of it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit