A rough estimate of how many are still in for family or loved ones?

by dgp 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dgp
    dgp

I'm sure it's impossible to know for sure but, in people's opinions, what would be a rough estimate of how many people are still in because of fear of losing loved ones?

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Only reason I don't write a letter at this point is losing what's left of my relationships with my loved ones. It may not be much, but it's better then nothing.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Count me in. I'm still "serving" in my hall as a MS and I want to give that up. I'm slowly attempting to condition my mind to accept the fact that pretty much all of my JW friendships are conditional.

At this point in time, I am still really concerned about my wife. Though she knows how I feel, I don't want her to feel alone. It's a struggle but I think I see a light at the end of the tunnel.

I also think about my mother. She really believes my heart is all in it. She finds comfort in relating her "spiritual activity" to me regularly. Time will tell.

So my name says it all. I'm going through a crisis of conscience, but not in terms of whether this is the truth or not. It's not.

CoC

• St George of England
    St George of England

I am exactly like CoC. I have been married for 40 years (very happily) to a super wife. I do not want to jeopodize this relationship. My mother who is almost 90 has been a witness since the late 1940's and for me to be D/F or D/A would be the final straw for her.

Just need to keep ticking over for a while.

George

• inbetween
    inbetween

yes, count me too, family and friends, all my social network are JW.

I was a good witness, so i choose my friends only in the org...

However, would not care soo much about friends, but I cant do this to my family, it would most certainly "kill" my mother as well,

So while my conscience bothers me now, for not speaking up, it would bother me more for the damage I would do to my family, its really a loose/loose situation...

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I estimate it breaks down like this:

50% Are just stuck in due to family, lack of money or job to be independant (kids) or just dont care or pay attention to the teachings.

20% Swollow this crap whole. They are diehards and look foward to the death of billions.

30% Know there is something wrong but are so conditioned, they have no clue about how to find their own way and spiritual identity outside of the JW's.

• blondie
    blondie

Hard to estimate since only a small percentage who are post on ex-jw websites admitting to that.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I am as well and often wonder how many sitting around me at the meetings or at the DC are doing the same thing. I look for little clues like not signing or not bowing their heads during prayer or not clapping. But, I also realize that I'm likely projecting my feelings towards others actions.

There really is no way to tell because to admit such feelings leaves one open to apostacy accusations and defeats the purpose of "staying in for family".

I do believe that the average JWs level of devotion is a pale comparison to what it used to be. And ultimately they'll need to accept that or change their model.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And, of those who are die-hards, I wonder how many more are in it merely for the power to ruin lives. Leaving a very tiny percentage that actually believe that it's the truth and are going to serve in this way, no matter what errors are present, because they sincerely believe that it is the truth. Remember, if one is to believe the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger, those are the only ones that have a chance of surviving Armageddon. Not those who are in it solely for family or "friends" (which is probably more than one would suspect, given the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger continually insisting that everyone recruit their whole family). Not those who are in it for power. Not those who sense something wrong but still show up at the Kingdumb Hell or in field circus.

This tiny group probably measures less than 1%. And, they are probably the ones with borderline or blatant mental retardation and no ability to think for oneself. They simply cannot make a decision for themselves or grasp that others may not have their best interests at heart. For sure, they would be a liability in the New Dark Ages, even if they don't kill and eat babies or molest children.

• BANE
    BANE

Crisis, Of COURSE they are conditional! Korah´s own sons standed at a distance and SIDED with Moses against their father while Jehovah swallowed him up.

It´s Biblical. We should view it the same way. PLEASE LEAVE! Stop being a sham by being a MS. It is not fair to the rest of the brothers.

St.George, You have ALREADY jeopardized the marriage by being an apostate.

I look forward to a cleansed earth. Sorry you guys LOVE the oil spill.

WtW, To ruin lives? No the NAZI´S ruined lives. Witnesses teach to make your lives better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit