Were You Ever Nervous To Post Here???

by minimus 18 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Were you apprehensive to put up a post on this forum?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yep about 11 or 12 years ago when the board still had a jw apologist twist to it.

• pirata
    pirata

I bet there are a dozen of users right now who want to reply to this post but are to nervous too.

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

Yeah, I lurked for a good year-and-a-half to two years before joining (I'm shy), and that was mostly because somebody posted an article about me here and I figured I should at least register and say hi

• minimus
    minimus

This site's been here for 11 or 12 years??

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yea ,i was so nervous, i didn't properly introduce myself.

so i try to give more info about myself through my post.

as time goes by.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I'm still nervous. I still have this lingering feeling that I'm committing the ultimate sin by posting and conversing with others on here. I don't know how to explain it completely. I just feel wrong. It took a lot to get to the point of registering to this board. Then when I finally posted, it was like getting over a mountain. I still feel like somewhat of a misfit on this board, and at the same time a measure of guilt every time I click the Submit tab. To get things off my chest and hear others experiences outweighs the guilt though.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

This site's been here for 11 or 12 years??

Simon's had a site up for that long or longer, it had a different look to it. I used to log on when I worked at Levi's, we had just got internet access at work about a year or so before and I just had my daughter and got a new position. I used to log onto Simon's site when I had a little downtime but I was too afraid to post, that was around 1998. Tons of jws were on then. It felt safer for me to go home and log on to Yahoochat.

• confliction
    confliction

Yeah, for a while when I started. I lurked here for months, and finally registered. I was still not convinced the "truth" was a lie, but after more lurking and research it became apparent this was the case, and I knew what I had to do- That's when I made my first post.

• dgp
    dgp

I was nervous and I'm a worldly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit