Change We Can - Ministerial Service

by book 19 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

Elderelite......tempterous tease (giggles)

• yknot
    yknot

You know some Brothers would enjoy a Sister excerising a little authority over them.......

• book
    book

When I was MS, I never thought of authority just SERVICE as in ministerial SERVICE.

The tasks and duties were overwhelming. Especially when there is zeal, everyone seems to forget modesty.

We are in critical times and top management should be flexible and agile. If MS is too controversial, then why not create another title say CA = congregational assistant.

• Think About It
    Think About It

A hot sister reading the WT could make make it more interesting.

Think About It

• elderelite
    elderelite

What ever you call it still smacks of giving women authority. That is something the branch has fought tooth and nail. "we" are very tradtional in that sense. Think about all the head covering info... I just dont see it happening

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

jwfacts: " That would go against the rules of headship, a very important part of the power structure. Remember it is about rules and not principles. " - what rule? the judgement on Eve?

I was being sarcastic, and meaning Watchtower leadership rules. The apostle Paul though was also a promoter of the headship arrangement and that women should not teach in congregations and should wear head coverings.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

All I know was that I probably saved any number of young boys from being molested, because at the Catholic church I went to, I started a revolt because they let girls 1st be crossing guards and later altar GIRLS!!!...

I got all the boys to quit and they never had any more while I was there. Nothing but altar girls.

• book
    book

elderelite: "Think about all the head covering info... I just dont see it happening"

- If "head covering" is a principle seldom practiced, then why hold on to authority/headship instead of service. In this real world women now have more privilege and respect.

Women who can should share the burden accordingly. In experiencing the burdens, then most would TRULY appreciate what the leadership does. Don't you think the women (including elder's wives) are murmuring and gossip about their congregation's authority.

There's a saying "well come on in see (and feel) for yourselfs we have nothing to hide" - be a part of the solution not the problem.

Remember, I am just boldly suggesting.

I'm a think tank in my company, a major bank. When they listen, then there is progress. Initially, they "beat me up" (my performance, my salary). Now they pay and now they are changing too much. This is a worldly company. It is sad to say the Society is no different.

• elderelite
    elderelite
    Elderelite......tempterous tease (giggles)

• book
    book

jwfacts: Sorry, I was on defensive mode. I'm a "green apple" to this forum. So I'm blind to some idioms.

To all, especially the change enablers:

Although I have a personal experience as MS, it was a tragedy. I never had any vice, never had speeding ticket, a lone provider and I was an idealist.

I was humble, responsible and admitted someone elses mistakes as mine. Now I met my real limits, I have many illness after years to stress and pressures from world, family and religion.

All religion has to say is you lack faith, you didn't study enough, it's really your fault.

I have to survive, I have to change, otherwise, my blood pressure, diabetes, nervous breakdown, insomnia, allergies, migraines will kill me one way or the other. What I am now is least desirable to your paradise.

There are some men like me, please make the change so that they do not end up like me. Otherwise, history will repeat itself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit