Change We Can - Ministerial Service

by book 19 Replies latest jw friends

• book
    book

Suggestion:

Since the society is looking for young men to be ministerial servants, why not include qualified single women? Women already lead as pioneers.

Women already work in the society and branch offices. In our modern society, women have proven to be good workers, professionals and managers.

It is a matter of relative interpretation that men ***and women*** may become ministerial servants, just as we train our sons ***and daugthers***.

I attended a kingdom hall that had a woman serving at the counter. Why not make it officially?

I know we should "not take down fences without knowing the reasons", but this is something that could be discontinued if real and compelling issues arise. Who knows, the "fences" were for no reason at all. And if recruiting women proves to be successful, then why not consider them to elder service also.

Say increase the MS pool, the more help/collaboration, the less overwhelming the tasks and issues. Make it easy, for ministerial servants to take a leave or even step down. Revalidate the MS periodically for everybody's good, health and welfare

I have been a ministerial servant, but after years of real pressure, then harmful gossiping, then harmful meddling - my family and marriage has been broken.

I think including single women who can be dedicated in their service may help solve the perceived ministerial servant shortage.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

book: If I may ask, what is your opinion of apostates?

• yknot
    yknot

Sisters sashaying down the aisle, leaning over to pass the mic......gosh I can here the counsel now.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

In congregations that are short of brothers, women have always been allowed to do all the male duties, including talks. But there is no way the GB are going to allow women to actually have a title for doing it. That would go against the rules of headship, a very important part of the power structure. Remember it is about rules and not principles.

• yknot
    yknot

TALKS!......sisters could finally get out of second talk skit hell!....sign me up!!!!

• yknot
    yknot

ooooh I could get my own JW.org login!

• man in black
    man in black

I once had a friend who attended the Lincoln Illinois hall back in the 80's.

They had an elder who ruled with an iron fist, and since there were not too many brothers there, he started to use sisters for mag. & literature duty.

This went on for about a year before the co came in and put a stop to it.

• wasblind
    wasblind

before it's all said and done they may have to dig up russle ,rutherford, and jaracqs for help.

• elderelite
    elderelite
    Sisters sashaying down the aisle, leaning over to pass the mic......gosh I can here the counsel now.

ooooh I could get my own JW.org login!

(nice recovery on the double post)I could give you mine, but you'd be disapointed. Its just not that interesting.

• book
    book

leavingwt: "If I may ask, what is your opinion of apostates?" - After being repeatedly wronged, "beaten down and left for dead" - Once I've been taught to dread and shun apostates. Now there's no hate. Apostates are humans and as "outcast" as I am now.

yknot: "Sisters sashaying down the aisle, leaning over to pass the mic......gosh I can here the counsel now" - Okay, I overlooked that. There's always the counter, and other non-menial tasks; which the brothers may be too exhausted to do. You choose yours tasks.

jwfacts: "That would go against the rules of headship, a very important part of the power structure. Remember it is about rules and not principles." - what rule? the judgement on Eve?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit