The 3 Stark Choices of Individual Witnesses

by metatron 14 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

There's been a lot of comment on this site about Witnesses becoming more blind and fanatical and eagerly willing to believe anything the Glorious Masters of Time and Space, Grand PooBah, Bright As A Labrador Retriever, Governing Frauds tell them.

But it really comes down to 3 stark choices. The more Reality intrudes on the lives of individual Witnesses, the more they will be driven into some combination of these catagories:

1) Dumber - the most popular choice. Start with an anti-intellectual bent ( Creationism and the Awake magazine) and add 'No Time to Think or Read Because of My Crappy Job and Life' and Dumber gets easier to fall into. Evolution? Huh? That stuff ain't true. Whatever the Watchtower says is OK, they know best. They're the Faithful Slave, you know - they told me so. Wow, these magazines are deep! A Nigerian Official told me I have a fortune just waiting for me. Is professional Wrestling real?

2) Crazier - there's Demons everywhere! Women can't manage anything because Jehovah says so. Molested kids are no big deal ( just shake it off and run a lap!) Everything bad reported about the Churches is true and anything bad said about Witnesses are Evil Apostate Lies. Armageddon is Any Day Now. My parents were Secret Satanists but they cleverly hid all the evidence when they sacrificed those babies.

3) Fake-ier - or more fake, if you prefer. Why, yes, I always support the WorldWide Work with my donations. My daughter is getting a PhD in music so she can join the Society's Orchestra ( yeah, I actually heard that one). Armageddon is So Close ( wow, my 401K is really doing well!) My son is misunderstood, your kid needs to be disfellowshipped as the fornicating loser that he is. Brother C.O., let me show you to the finest restaurant in town........... a part on the assembly? why thank you!

There you have it. Divide up all your Witness "friends" and relatives accordingly because I can guarantee you they are stuck with these choices. Reality will not permit otherwise.

metatron

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Pretty good breakdown. I think my mom falls under equal parts crazy and dumb. She's gotten way more zealous lately. Boy, I miss the days when she used to skip meetings telling me, the bible didn't say how many times a week you had to go to meetings.

I remember a friend of mine years ago(when I was in) telling me she was learning "so much" at her bookstudy when we were studying the greatest man book. I went to her BS one day- all eager to "learn" and it was total garbage. That's when I knew that she was dumb. Bless her heart, but I think she is in the "dumber" category.

• yknot
    yknot

Yea.....dumber is the largest catch all. I think crazy only manifests when dumber gets pushed. ...sigh....I dangle my feet in the waters of fake-ier

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Good summary. I know a lot of fake-ier. Actually I know a lot of each category.

• metatron
    metatron

I'd like to add a profound truth about life - that is often overlooked. It is:

Stupidity is worse than theft

You see, a thief may benefit himself, his friends and his family. However, a dumb person may actually injure himself and others with no corresponding benefits to anyone whatsoever.

So, observing the Theocratic Increase of Dumb, Crazy and Fake may turn out to be very amusing, indeed. Bethel Monitors, if you're reading this ( and I know you are!) , your Fearless Leaders are going to have a tough time of it, trying to manage a whole Organization of these types.

Good Luck,

metatron

• wobble
    wobble

Thanks Met,

A good summary, of course there is always the one exception that doesn't quite fit.

I doubt if there are many of these, but an old Witness friend of mine comes to mind. He was born in ,during WW2, he is very intelligent, widely read, and would often call "Bull***t" on a lot of the WT crap.

How can such a guy stay with it ?

He ain't dumb,crazy or fake, he resigned as an Elder through an honest view of his own family.

I guess he has the "sunk cost" problem, and all his family are in.

• metatron
    metatron

I'd say he was passively fake.

"Brother OldTimer, what's the story with him?"

"Oh, he's knows it's the 'truth', Don't worry" You just keep your mouth shut and pretend. Works well if you have an enormous amount of patience with dull meetings.

metatron

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

Hi Metatron! Where would you fit Don Cameron's "Captives of an Illusion?" I like to think that i did not fit the 3 you mention here when I served for 33 years. I believe I was captive to an illusion.

That is that the few men on the governing body were Jesus's appointed slaves and so we follow whatever they teach.

The captivity lasted x amount of years for the many intelligent ones that finally escaped by whatever means took away that illusion.

• minimus
  • alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

The 3 Stark Choices of select ex-Witnesses.

1) Dumber – Renounce the existence of God, exchange the Truth for inane baseless theories or a fictitious triune Godhead with multiple personality disorder and sympathize with your baser instincts.

The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good. Psalms 14:1

Therefore God, in keeping with the desires of their hearts, gave them up to uncleanness, that their bodies might be dishonored among them, even those who exchanged the truth of God for the lie and venerated and rendered sacred service to the creation rather than the One who created, who is blessed forever. Amen. That is why God gave them up to disgraceful sexual appetites, for both their females changed the natural use of themselves into one contrary to nature; and likewise even the males left the natural use of the female and became violently inflamed in their lust toward one another, males with males, working what is obscene and receiving in themselves the full recompense, which was due for their error.

And just as they did not approve of holding God in accurate knowledge, God gave them up to a disapproved mental state, to do the things not fitting, filled as they were with all unrighteousness, wickedness, covetousness, badness, being full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malicious disposition, being whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, insolent, haughty, self-assuming, inventors of injurious things, disobedient to parents, without understanding, false to agreements, having no natural affection, merciless. Although these know full well the righteous decree of God, that those practicing such things are deserving of death, they not only keep on doing them but also consent with those practicing them. Romans 1:24-32

2) Crazier – Now that you've waxed your existence and any future prospects, spiritual pursuits consist of nothing but loading up discussion boards with slanderous gossip or anywhere else you can shoot your mouth off about your antagonism toward your former associates.

w94 7/1 p. 11 par. 10 At Which Table Are You Feeding?

As a result, whatever they had developed of the new personality is gone. What motivates them is, not holy spirit, but vitriolic bitterness. They are obsessed with only one aim—beating their former fellow slaves, as Jesus foretold.—Matthew 24:48, 49.

w65 3/1 p. 144 pars. 32-33 Who Will Be Resurrected from the Dead?

However, the “evil slave” class becomes rebellious and seeks to manage the Lord’s affairs according to its own pleasure and serves itself according to its fleshly craving and mistreats those of the “faithful and discreet slave” class.

The Lord Jesus Christ catches the “evil slave” in the midst of such misconduct. He punishes him “with the greatest severity” and puts him out of the house and among the religious hypocrites, where this “evil slave” class belongs. For having been in the Lord’s real household and having been entrusted with his valuable spiritual things, the “evil slave” class of Christians is even more blameworthy than those hypocrites outside the house. They are guilty also of being traitors to their faithful Christian brothers, just as Judas Iscariot was toward the Lord Jesus Christ. They will have no resurrection any more than Judas will. Identical with or included in with the “evil slave” class is the “wicked and sluggish slave” with one talent of his Lord, as pictured in Jesus’ parable in Matthew 25:15, 16, 22-30; also, the “wicked slave” who refused to negotiate with the one mina of his Lord, as described by Jesus in Luke 19:13, 20-27. The Holy Bible leaves no hope for the resurrection of such to heavenly life.

3) Fake-ier – Lie, lie, lie.....

it-2 p. 245 Lie

While malicious lying is definitely condemned in the Bible, this does not mean that a person is under obligation to divulge truthful information to people who are not entitled to it. Jesus Christ counseled: “Do not give what is holy to dogs, neither throw your pearls before swine, that they may never trample them under their feet and turn around and rip you open.” (Mt 6:7)

So, until such time when we have a society worthy of liberty, capable and willing to be responsible for their actions and well being, if responsibility is ignored it will have to be imposed at the conclusion of this system of things. Liberty is not for animals or the savage as such will just trample it under foot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit