2012 Prophecy

by brotherdan 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Now, I know that the 2012 issue has been blown out of proportion. And I know all the reasons that believing in them are wrong. But has anyone else noticed a growth in this type of conversation? In the last few weeks I've heard several JWs speaking of it as a viable date for the end. It's always presented as a "what if", but it's still being talked about. A couple of people I was in a conversation with brought the date up in connection with the oil spill and what some scientist said about it being a global catastrophy by the year 2012.

I was just wondering if anyone else has heard any mention of this date (or any other) for the end of the world. I know some people on the board have mentioned 2014. But have you heard any specific talk about dates from other Witnesses?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The uber-zealous always think it is THIS year.

The regular rank and file tend to think it's going to be within the next couple years. To me, that's the main significance of 2012: it's a couple years from now. The Mayan Calendar stuff is just bonus goofiness.

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

Brotherdan,

God didn't tell us when the end of this world will be ,

but through Biblical chronology found in inspired prophecies, He tells us when certain events - taking place within His people, during the "latter days"- will be , I mean, events that marks Christ's "coming"

and around 2012 a certain event will be , that is , the "70 years of Babylon" will come to end ,

and His worshipers with "spirit and truth" , who were/are prisoners in Babylon (and at the "Daughter of Babylon" ) will be made free and gathered in "one flock" under the Jesus Christ authority

see Jeremiah 29:10-14

for those "studious" Christians I recommend this theme

wantingtruth

• cantleave
    cantleave

Jdubs want Armmageddon to arrive every year. Just after mid night on Jan 1 this year I got a text message from a dub saying "I reckon it'll be this year!".

I will reply whilst celebrating the incoming 2011 "Still here!".

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Dec. 21, 2012 is the date of alignment of Planets, Stars, and center of Universe, which many have given a Doom day date for Destruction for Earth and Life.

Why wouldn't JW's jump on the band wagon............... nothing Pagan about that date (just because it is associated with a group of people who practiced Human Sacrifice and Eating flesh and Drinking Blood)

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Don't get me wrong I DO NOT believe in the 2012 prophecies. And I hope you were joking in your post and the link, wantingtruth.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Bring on the apocalypse; I'm ready anytime.

Don't much care what the jojos or any fruitcake nutjob endtimer thinks. My money says the comet/asteroid will hit long before the sun goes nova, assuming we don't nuke ourselves to oblivion first.

"Dance to the music of a world on the edge,...."

• steve2
    steve2

JWs and multitudes of other end-times enthusiasts remind me of noisy irritating children who, having spent days on end in a vehicle on a long journey, keep pestering their parents, "Are we there yet?!"

• aniron
    aniron

The 2012 phenomenon comprises a range of eschatological beliefs that cataclysmic or transformative events will occur on December 21, 2012 , which is said to be the end-date of a 5,125-year-long cycle in the Mayan Long Count calendar . Various astronomical alignments and numerological formulae related to this date have been proposed, but none have been accepted by mainstream scholarship.

So what happened at the end of the last cycle 5,125 years ago?

or

In the Solar System, the planets and the Sun share roughly the same plane of orbit, known as the plane of the ecliptic. From our perspective on Earth, the ecliptic is the path taken by the Sun across the sky over the course of the year. The 12 constellations which line the ecliptic are known as the zodiac and, through the year, the Sun passes through each constellation in turn. Additionally, over time, the Sun's annual passage appears to recede counterclockwise by one degree every 72 years. This movement is attributed to a slight wobble in the Earth's axis as it spins. [47] As a result, approximately every 2160 years, the constellation visible on the early morning of the spring equinox changes. In Western astrological traditions, this signals the end of one astrological age (currently the Age of Pisces) and the beginning of another (Age of Aquarius). Over the course of 26,000 years, the precession of the equinoxes makes one full circuit around the ecliptic. [47]

What happened 26,000 years ago at the last "Galactic allignment" ?

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

Don't get me wrong I DO NOT believe in the 2012 prophecies. And I hope you were joking in your post and the link, wantingtruth.

you are welcome , bd.

also me , I do not believe in the "2012 prophecies"

instead, I believe YHWH's word which is truth

and, when I speak truth , I do not joke

greetings

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit