2012 Prophecy

by brotherdan 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ziddina
    ziddina

"Apparently you did not get my idea or that I actually know what you are talking about...."

It was your apparent separation of "Christians" from so-called "Pagans"...

Since the term "Pagan" essentially means "illiterate country-dweller", and keeping in mind the Pharisees' description of "Jesus' " followers as "contemptible" or whatever the exact term was, the term "Pagan" more accurately describes the relatively unlearned, little-read, poverty-stricken classes that tended to follow "Jesus", as they had little hope of a happy or successful life "on 'earth' "...

More than one "heathen" writer [well-educated PolyTheist] of ancient Rome described the people who became "Christians" in much the same way - ill-informed, unlearned, and in many cases, quite determined to remain that way...

Reminds me of the behavior of modern-day Fundamentalists, including the JWs, who tend [as a group] to run in fear from anything smacking of authentic scientific research or information based on research and confirmed experimentation...

THEY are the true "PAGANS", in my opinion...

And yes, I understand that you might find the term "Pagan" to be a useful 'shorthand' in your efforts to inform people of the fact that you worship an alternative to the "Johnny-come-lately", Middle Eastern male VOLCANO 'god' that so many Christians worship today...

But try "Neo-PolyTheist" instead. It'll give your listeners pause - and it's much, much more accurate... And not, at core, an insult to those using that term to describe themselves... Remember, the bible-thumpers like Billy Graham, Oral Roberts, and others of that ilk use the term "PAGAN", too.

So side-step their attacks, and befuddle them. Zid

• Twitch
    Twitch

ziddina rocks!

• BANE
    BANE

Ziddina sucks!

Soon....35 years can be soon too. In Jehovah´s eyes a day is a thousand years. So 35 years is nothing to him. It still is soon. Jesus said it was soon and that was 2,000 years ago. It will be any day now.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Jesus said it was soon and that was 2,000 years ago. It will be any day now.

ROFLMAO

Ziddina ROCKS THE WORLD!

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I have not heard any jw locally say that 2012 or 2014 have any importance. The local jws are in fear of setting dates because of all the errors that the WTS has made.

• steve2
    steve2

Certain numbers have what could be described as "mysterious" ambiences. The best example in the past few hundred years is 1799 - if you Google this year, you will find it easy to stumble across its supposed religious significance. Hell, Rutherford himself continued Russell's vain belief that 1799 was the start of the "Biblical" end-times period.

Let's face it, the Christian preoccupation with numbers rests unstably on a few crazy old mutterings from the Bible, with Daniel and Revelation being the two main offenders: Filled with psychotic ramblings, using symbols and numbers that will keep impressionable dimwits on edge for thousands of years. "Come Lord Jesus. Come quickly." Uh, no...anything but .

• ziddina
    ziddina

"Ziddina ROCKS THE WORLD..."

Wow...

THANKS!!

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Relax folks, it was all a mistake...

Latest news, they calculated wrong...

Snoozy

• Ding
    Ding

I can't see the WTS buying into someone ELSE'S date.

What will be interesting is whether the WTS will mock the 2012ers as false prophets.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I thought this quote from bane was funny:

In Jehovah´s eyes a day is a thousand years. So 35 years is nothing to him. It still is soon. Jesus said it was soon and that was 2,000 years ago. It will be any day now.

So any day now according to Jehovah right? so that could be a thousand years from now or more? ROFL! Someone should knock on the GB's meeting door and say, 'psst! Hey, guess what, Armageddon IS any day now, but it's any day according to Jehovah's day.'

lol!... oh man what failed logic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit