Contradictions of the LORD's final words

by AK - Jeff 69 Replies latest watchtower bible

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    I think we have different accounts because we have different writers who had different perspectives of Jesus' death - or I think in Luke's case, he interviewed different people. This actually seems more credible to me - much more realistic- than four carbon copy gospels.
    Tammy

I agree, as do many bible scholars and students.

• Perry
    Perry

Catholicism and Islam spread by the edge of the sword.

The fact that the 1st century church exploded and "conquored" by means of persuasion, tells me that hundreds really did see Jesus alive from the dead after crucifixion. How to explain it otherwise?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Did a spirit being called Jesus (formally known as Christ, Jah, Jehovah, Yahweh) actually come to earth as a new born baby. And after wasting 30 years working as a carpenter, claim to be the son of God and spend just over 3 years in his ministry doing the things the bible claims, before dying? Then go AWOL for 2000 years.

An honest question for you, when YOU read the NT, is that what you get out of it?

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

PSacramento

For it to be a new testament, there would have to be a reliable old testament.

Many Christians today do not consider that such a document exists.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

PS

Actually, as an outside looking in I can say that Witnesses, Fundamentalists and Athiets all sound the same, even if their message is different.
    WE are RIGHT, YOU are WRONG and only an IDIOT can't see it !!

Tell me who on this board doesn't say that one way or another, including ourselves

No, not really, its like saying that a groups that think they are right and everyone else is wrong, all "sound" the same.

See what I mean. LOL

• Perry
    Perry

No, not really, its like saying that a groups that think they are right and everyone else is wrong,

all "sound" the same.

That is just a cumbersome way of saying that there is no right and wrong. By what authority do you proclaim your liberal theological relativism to be right and everyone else to be wrong?

• tec
    tec

That is just a cumbersome way of saying that there is no right and wrong. By what authority do you proclaim your liberal theological relativism to be right and everyone else to be wrong?

No, its actually a simple way of saying that no one group has 100% truth. We're probably all right about some things, and all wrong about other things. Otherwise, what exactly makes one group of 'we're right and you're wrong' better than any other group saying the same thing?

Tammy

• snowbird
    snowbird

Soooo, no contradiction.

Yes?

Syl

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Someone here once posted about the radical differences in accounts about Bruce Lee.

He only died recently, relatively speaking.

BTS

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I'm not sure why you think this is a contradiction. He obviously said all three things while on the cross. The beauty of the gospels is that they are different and provide an accurate description of what happened from many points of view. Any seeming contradiction can be shown to fit in with what actually happened, and the falsly termed "contradictions" only add to the beauty of Gods word and strengthen faith.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit