Contradictions of the LORD's final words

by AK - Jeff 69 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Titus
    Titus

Who knows what else he said, and what is not written by fifth or sixth evangelists.

"I'll be back in 1914!"

"I will choose my Organization in 1919"

"Damn it!"

I am sure he said that also, but nobody has written that (John 21:25).

I know, you apostate will not believe that, but it is true!

• wasblind
    wasblind

Titus, you crack me up

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

designs

Witnesses and Fundamentalists are more alike than they care to admit.

The pot calling the kettle... You have more in common with the Witnesses than just about anybody or group I can think of.

• Perry
    Perry

Witnesses are doctrinally aligned with liberal theology and atheists ..... FAR from fundamentalists.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Actually, as an outside looking in I can say that Witnesses, Fundamentalists and Athiets all sound the same, even if their message is different.

WE are RIGHT, YOU are WRONG and only an IDIOT can't see it !!

• snowbird
    snowbird

There were 7 sayings of Jesus of Nazareth while He hung on the Tree of Life.

Syl

• Perry
    Perry

as an outside looking in I can say that Witnesses, Fundamentalists and Athiets all sound the same,

That's like saying all the French sound the same. Which is true if you don't take the time to understand French.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

All these scriptures convey the idea that Jesus suffered and died by Crucifixion. Many thousands of unfortunate men suffered and died in this way as was the barbaric Roman custom. There is something else that concerns me more than the exact words Jesus is alleged to have said just before he died.

Did a spirit being called Jesus (formally known as Christ, Jah, Jehovah, Yahweh) actually come to earth as a new born baby. And after wasting 30 years working as a carpenter, claim to be the son of God and spend just over 3 years in his ministry doing the things the bible claims, before dying? Then go AWOL for 2000 years.

Or is it all just fable and folklore based on previous religious myth, and not worth the papyrus it was written on?

• tec
    tec

I think we have different accounts because we have different writers who had different perspectives of Jesus' death - or I think in Luke's case, he interviewed different people. This actually seems more credible to me - much more realistic- than four carbon copy gospels.

Tammy

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

That's like saying all the French sound the same. Which is true if you don't take the time to understand French.

No, not really, its like saying that a groups that think they are right and everyone else is wrong, all "sound" the same.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit