God's forced PLOT point (which just doesn't make sense!)

by Terry 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Terry...

you responded:

God created humans...with some characteristics reminiscent of sheep and goats...

Which renders moot the analogy because humans display a human nature. It is the human nature itself which is the blueprint for humanity's actions.

are you presupposing that humans don't have a variation in their "human nature"?...each of us has character traits which would be unique to each in degrees

do you believe that someones character can't change from say a goat to a sheep or even sheep to goat?

Change of character? I'd love to hear a definition of character as you are using it before I reply.

I'm believeing that you meekly followed what you were told before you went to prison. I'm thinking that meekness in the face of any religious authority is absent now...you may put that down as being more wise though

but...speaking of dogs...if YOU loved YOURS would YOU take steps to train him or would you continue to let him out the door and hope that he wouldn't run on to the road again and again?...if you saw your neighbours dog doing this thing wouldn't you even think that the neighbour was obtuse...or would you maintain that it was completely the untrained dogs fault that he kept getting hit by the cars?

To follow your line of reasoning, God has let his own dogs run loose to bark, snarl, bite, maim and kill for thousands of years. Are those dogs to blame or their owner/trainer?

I wasn't actually drawing an analogy about God and His people...my line of "reasoning"was about you and your dog, love and taking responsibility...I agree that some dogs don't train very well regardless of how much love they are shown by a responsible owner. to compare the untrained dog running out on to the road and the sin of man is silly Terry...if you don't "get it" that's too bad and so sad but don't bog yourself and others down with special pleading.

love michelle

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Terry...

also..."Here is a simple question: Why is it better (from God's standpoint) to allow thousands of years of human history before setting matters straight?"

God only knows...but there will be a lot more people in His kingdom now than if He had cut short the time His plan needed to come to "fruition" I would think...

...a farmer lops of the weaker branches in order to allow for the remaining branches with more blossoms to thrive and bear more fruit...

love michelle

• Terry
    Terry

also..."Here is a simple question: Why is it better (from God's standpoint) to allow thousands of years of human history before setting matters straight?"

God only knows...but there will be a lot more people in His kingdom now than if He had cut short the time His plan needed to come to "fruition" I would think...

Really?

You are the owner of an apartment complex which you rent out to several families. One of the people who moves in ignores your warnings about smoking. They set fire to their bed. You notice the fire minutes after it starts.

Which saves more lives? Putting out the fire immediately? Or, letting the apartment burn to the ground?

Let's pretend you have super powers. Let's say you can actually bring people back from the dead.

Which shows more love, sompassion and mercy:

1.Stopping the man before he smokes in bed?

2.Waiting until his bed catches on fire and then stepping in to put out the fire and throw the man out?

3.Letting the man and the apartment building burn to the ground and then bringing everybody back?

You could bring the smoker forward and explain they all died because he broke your rules and tell them it was HIS fault.

But, how would you answer if the burned people (raised from the dead) complained that YOU let them all die because you saw it happen and didn't lift a finger to stop it??

God can know. God can act.

Deliberate not-knowing and deliberate not-acting are choices with consequences.

Blaming Adam and Eve sidesteps the RESPONSIBILITY issue on God's part.

What you can prevent BEFORE HAND is very damning if you do NOT choose to act.

• designs
    designs

May da Wrath of John Calvin follow you foreber and eber ...............

• Terry
    Terry

I think whatever a person is willing to believe God does (which is cruel, inexplicable, illogical or such) that you shrug and accept with "He's God, He can do anything He wants..." says more about you than it does about deity.

The disparity between the All-Powerful and the vanishingly weak magnifies the injustice.

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

Man is cousin to the angels. We are the same as angels except we are spirits manefested in flesh. This is how we were made to interact with the world. We werent created to fail. We werent pre determined to make these choices. Our cousins were jealous of us. They set us up in the garden. We coulda realized that we dont need advanced knowledge of the spirit world. We should be happy enjoying the word we can see and interact with. Not the hidden world beyond our eyes. But eventually somewhere, someone woulda had to peek.

Why must it go on for so long? The people that live through armegedon will look back after being alive for 10,000 years and see what weve gone through as a drop in a hat. In the consept of time we havent bee waitning that long. We must remember we are currantly trapped in a set life span. Like flies that only like a short time we are the same to god. The problem isnt him. Its were moving too fast to understand the scope of everything around us.

As far as goats and sheep.... goats arent as dosile as sheep. They would be the very ones to do greater good.. The sheep are people that follow easilly and with whole heart. They are just as important. But this stubborn goat is getting his ticket to paradise. Most goats wont make it out of pride. I am not easily swayed. But always open to new ideas. A goat if you ever saw one.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Good points Terry!

Do you have any words of wisdom that I could share with some dubs that I know that really believe that Christ's sacrifice also means that their favorite pets will be resurrected?

• Terry
    Terry

Do you have any words of wisdom that I could share with some dubs that I know that really believe that Christ's sacrifice also means that their favorite pets will be resurrected?

Billy, people would drag their Xbox and and a bag of Cheetohs with them into Paradise or Heaven if they had things their way. The Bible gives and takes according to personal interpretations just like Martin Luther wanted it!

History proves that either way humans aren't interested in anything other than feeling comfortable about how the future will treat them.

God has shown scripturally He will allow anything to die on a whim. Man, Woman, child, infant, animal, nations, tribes, earthwide populations---none of it amounts to spit loogy for the Almighty.

The main reason for this is that we get our scenario from the Bible which was NOT PLOTTED OUT ahead of time but constantly retro-fitted with crackpot explantions and addenda over the ages by interest groups.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit