GB member David Splane says Jehovah had already chosen the organization in 1916

by slimboyfat 48 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

Evidently, the Watchtower was wrong to begin with and with each passing decade has got more and more wrong. Evidently, the light has been so darn bright, it's just dazzled and blinded them. Evidently, by putting an "evidently" in your sentences, they sound weightier and more thoughtful...evidently

• wobble
    wobble

Problem is Steve, if we have a half sparking brain cell we ask "What evidence?"

At that point the whole house of cards falls.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I watched the DVD last night after the convention. I also noted the pre-1916 comment and wondered if they are going to quietly drop 1919 as it has no scriptual proof whatever.

Maria never got a mention, neither did the 1881 organisation with Conley as President, at least the Proclaimers book gives him a one line mention!

Rutherford is obviously out of favour judging by the small amout of coverage he got. I thought his most famous (or infamous) talk was not ADV but Millions now Living!

The R&F will Oooh and Arrh with delight without noting anything.

George

• nelly136
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Rutherford is obviously out of favour judging by the small amout of coverage he got. I thought his most famous (or infamous) talk was not ADV but Millions now Living!

I presume there will be more on Rutherford in volume 2. This DVD only went up to about 1919 I think.

• Titus
    Titus

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Rutherford gets his mention ok. John Barr, "... they were really worshipping the creature more than the creator."

• Room 215
    Room 215

Does anyone of them bother to explain any of this supposed appointment nonsense squares with their "soiled garments" as the "two witnesses in sackcloth" and their "soiled garments" teaching?

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

From what I can remember, the 1919 teaching is reliant on the 2 witnesses going to heaven in revelation after the death, which the Society relate to the arrest of Rutherford and his associates. Is that correct?

Strange, for if God only came to the temple in 1919 as per Malachi, then from 1874 onwards, the whole of Christendom was still not "officially" part of Babylon the Great - unless the 1919 "choice" was rather a final choice.

I can see how the GB can state this - in essence, they can state that from 1874 - 1919, God was evidently giving warning to "Babylon the Great" thru his chosen people, and then in 1919, he gave final confirmation of his choice by "resurrecting" the JW organisation, and since that date, none has been able to stop their worldwide witness, as a class.

PP

• sir82
    sir82
    an indication they don't care about being consistent in their statements?

That's it exactly.

A careful scrutiny of WT literature reveals all sorts of internal inconsistencies.

It's also a sign that (A) even at the highest levels no one can keep straight all the official doctrine, and/or (B) most people have their own personal interpretations of things...when you are a GB member, you can get away with revealing your pet theories to 7 million+ JWs and not get into hot water for it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit