It is very mind boggling to me that very few of us.......

by asilentone 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• poppers
    poppers

I'm one of those. I came here to find out why a 4th grade girl would want to pass out religious tracts to her classmates and was immediately drawn in by the stories. I came to like the people here for their courage, their caring, their generosity, their humor, and their intelligence. At times I make comments of support, especially when I see them shedding long cherised beliefs and seek real freedom. At times I make comments to apologists when I see from their comments obvious inconsistencies and hypocrisy. I like to think that most people view my presence here in a positive way.

• asilentone
    asilentone

poppers, I do not mind your presence on this board.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Poppers I didn't know you had not had any JW connection. You are very well informed and I always read your posts. Thanks for being here.

• undercover
    undercover

Some are family members of JWs. I can think of several who have spouses that are in but they aren't JWs. They came here to learn more about what shit their spouse is being indoctrinated with. I guess in a way though, that does give them the "connection" you were speaking of...

• wasblind
    wasblind

I think this is a very informative board, and it is my hope that more people

find this site so they can be aware of the people knocking on their doors

offering free bible studies, the ones who never had anything to do with

JW's i consider very blessed, and for the one's who's lives have been

affected by this cult im glad they have this forum to express themselves.

• asilentone
    asilentone

you are right, undercover! I do not mind their presence at all.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Some are family members of JWs. I can think of several who have spouses that are in but they aren't JWs. They came here to learn more about what shit their spouse is being indoctrinated with. I guess in a way though, that does give them the "connection" you were speaking of...

And, Undercover, the incredible thing is that several of these never-JW spouses have a better knowledge of JW belief than their mis-informed JW mates. These people give us a good picture of how little many practising JWs know about the true beliefs of their own religion.

• undercover
    undercover
    the incredible thing is that several of these never-JW spouses have a better knowledge of JW belief than their mis-informed JW mates.
    These people give us a good picture of how little many practising JWs know about the true beliefs of their own religion.

Very true. I know more about the JW religion than I ever did while I was one. Yet try to share that knowledge with a current JW and they cover their ears and go "lalalalalalala"...

• wasblind
    wasblind

" I know more about the JW religion than I ever did while I was one.

So true undercover.

• poppers
    poppers

I think I've gotten an incredible education on the JW life from this place, and I'm grateful for everyone here who has contributed to that eduation. That includes former members, current members, and the apologists. No more do I see the JWs as just another religious sect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit