• snowbird
    snowbird

Now, his eyes are blue!

What was he, a chameleon?

Syl

• JWoods
    JWoods

Gecko?

Let's remember too - this all happened right in the worst depression of the 20th century.

Snare and Racket indeed...

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    What was he, a chameleon?

Does that mean he was one of the lizard people?

W

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Here's a link to the article if anyone wants it:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,738983,00.html

I just linked it to my FB page under the caption of "I love history".

• snowbird
    snowbird

http://home.worldonline.nl/t661020/engels/beth-sarim/sunartc.htm

Judge Rutherford said. 'What will I do? Oh, don't worry about me. I'll manage somehow.' the judge smiled.

Indeed, he would!

B***ard!

Syl

• JWoods
    JWoods

It is pretty incredible that Knorr/Franz never really disowned this fraud - other than pretty much hushing up his death, forgetting about Samson and David, and just starting over...

• donny
    donny

Rutherford continued. 'Many have come to the door and my secretary has shown them about the place.' The patio with it's silver pool and olive and palm trees is gay with flowers.

I wonder is he would support same sex marriage?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Do you know why they never disowned him? Why do they glorify him to this day? Because, they worship him. When I was at bethel during my very first "family night", there was a tribute to Rutherford. Now remember, at this time I was 200% JW and would have died for it. But he looked absolutely nuts. He visited a farm and was kissing all the fruit to bless it. Everyone laughed as if it was "cute". Seriously, I was disturbed. I remember sitting there thinking, "These people are nuts!" But I justified it and went on my way believing everything, just like every other good JW does.

But the culture in Bethel is VERY MUCH the same as it has always been. It is full of organizational worship. If you think your congregations do it, just imagine what they do at bethel.

I hate calling it bethel, because it IS NOT the house of God.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I will have many future posts about Franz, by the way. He, in his own way, was crazier than them all. He really was the mastermind behind Rutherford and Knorr, and then carried it all on through the 80's. Most time prophecies after Russell were created by him. If anyone has read Crises of Conscience, he was regularly referred to as the "Watchtowers Oracle".

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yes, do tell about Franz!

Rutherford's Blessing of the Fruit - incredible!

Kinda like the Blessing of the Fleet that goes on in Bayou LaBatre, Alabama, USA.

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit