Now versus 7 Years Ago.....

by AK - Jeff 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• debator
    debator

Hi Poppers and AK-Jeff

Yes I find freedom in searching because as I search I grow in knowledge of Jehovah and his son Jesus which gives me more freedom. I feel free of trying to "live in the now" or "the moment" seeking happiness in the limited escapism-filled, selfish, money needing world we live in. I rejected this world as an option for me long ago so for me the future in Jehovah's love is as real as anything you can touch, eat, achieve and enjoy in this world. My faith makes it real.

Psalm 14:2
    Jehovah looks down from heaven on the sons of men to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Debator, create your own thread and leave Jeff's alone.

• poppers
    poppers

Sorry, I didn't mean to prompt a thread highjacking, only to point out an obvious truth. I'll leave it at that. If debator wants to start a thread on this I'll participate there..

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's not you Poppers. Debator's motive operandi on this thread appears to be to take it over and twist it for it's own means. This thread is about Jeff's leaving the bOrg, his journey of self-discovery and how he's changed. I liked it but then I'm biased because I know and like the man.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I agree that Jeff's thread is very personally touching and should not be hijacked. Jeff has expressed from his heart why he made the right decision in his life. One should not try to create any WTS guilt trips.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Brilliantly expressed, AK Jeff...It gives the lie to the belief that people "turn bad after leaving 'The Truth'" . Your character and integrity are apparent even to those who may have differing views on some things, but that was the point of your thread, wasn't it?

I would like this to be read by anybody who is disenchanted with life in The Borg but not yet decided to leave

• donny
    donny

Very well said Jeff. So much of what you stated fits me to the tee. I too went through a spell where I believed it all and anxiously awaited new releases at the conventions and such. I am so glad those days are in the rear-view mirror.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Jeff,

that post is like a beautiful poem

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

Thank you for sharing your story with us Jeff. I am just starting my journey, and realize now that it will be long and difficult, but it will be worth it in the end. There is nothing greater than freedom.

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

AK

You can't see me but I was clapping and giving you a standing ovation for your beautifully written sentiment :)

Yes, I too once would have been standing and clapping at the end of a district convention to another boring speech (there were very few times I was actually "moved" by the talks) I also lived and breathed the organization, and now that I also am embarking on a whole new unrecognizable life- I breath deep and am releaved to be living a life on my terms for the first time ever...

Thanks for your sentiments

CHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit