2014 100th anniversary of 1914

by rnicole76 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I honestly think that if they change the generation understanding within the next 4 years and if it is as outlandish as this current understanding, that in culmination with the 100 yr anniversary of 1914, I think it spells another schism is coming.

I could be wrong, I will probably be wrong, but you all know it would be awesome if it came true.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It would be difficult to have a true schism without an entire branch going rogue and freezing the GB out. Otherwise even if a greater number left than usual there would be no infrastructure to set up a competing religion around. Unless by schism you simply mean a mass exodus. That could happen.

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

Can't wait to see what happens!

It was sad hearing my grandma (inlaw) say how she never planned on getting old in "this old system." She's been living alone for over 40 years and said that was "too long."

• pirata
    pirata

Of all the JWs I know, none have mentioned 2014. A few have mentioned 2034.

• BANE
    BANE

1914 is no longer an issue. The generation that Jesus was talking to was many people. Kids, apostles, oldermen etc. Their generations overlap. 1914 has nothing to do with what Jesus said anymore. Quit talking about it. Grow up people. The generation WILL end one day that overlaps. It is coming. Take a look at the world´s news. The New World Order from the U.N. will declare martial law soon. The gulf oil spill will kill millions. Jehovah´s day is AT hand!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

1914 is no longer an issue.

Have you told the gb that? Oh, I'm sorry you're talking to yourself again. My bad. Carry on.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

No change.

If anything a 'speeding up of things'.

5th

P.S. You all know it!

• teel
    teel
    They can't hold on forever in 1914....so they will have to change that. They did for 1874, the supposed invisible presence of Christ, it was changed in the mid 30's, so it is about time for a new light, don't you think?

I don't think they'll ever change 1914, maybe give it a new meaning. They may revert to the old interpretation of a separate beginning of "Last Days" and beginning of parousia, like what Russel believed, leave the Last Days on 1914 and count the generation from the parousia, the beginning of which can be put to an unsignificant event as a local convention somewhere (remember, major prophecies in Revelations are said to be fulfilled by underwhelming accurances).

So no, 1914 will be staying with us in one form or another. It's the only 'prophecy' they sort-of got it right - by this I mean they got the year right, but they totally missed on what will happen on that year - it's still better than the rest of their attempts to prophesize.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

The millerism runs deep...

they cant help themselves

they will allude and construe

but not use dates i think.

and the numbers will ebb and flow, those that leave will just be labelled 'weak' and the new recruits won't even know whats going on. They will be as dumb as stuffed rodent on display.

oz

• rnicole76
    rnicole76

Where in the Watchtower does it say that 1914 is not an issue anymore? Please post a quote. Did you even go the district assembly? I am pretty sure they mentioned that Jesus appear in the heaven in 1914 many times.... I remember hearing that

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit