wow

by elderelite 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• elderelite
  • elderelite
    elderelite

Sorry, I cant edit my post... WOW I cant beleive they put this in a magazine... notice the following

*** w01 7/1 pp. 18-19 Do Not Let Doubts Destroy Your Faith ***
    Of course, not all doubt is bad. At times, you need to suspend acceptance of something till you are sure of the facts. Religious exhortations to the effect that you should just believe and should doubt nothing are dangerous and deceptive. True, the Bible says that love “believes all things.” (1 Corinthians 13:7) A loving Christian is certainly ready to believe those who have proved trustworthy in the past. But God’s Word also warns against ‘putting faith in every word.’ (Proverbs 14:15) Sometimes a person’s past record gives legitimate reason for doubt. “Although [the deceptive talker] makes his voice gracious,” the Bible warns, “do not believe in him.”—Proverbs 26:24, 25.
    The apostle John also warns Christians against blind belief. “Do not believe every inspired expression,” he writes. Rather, “test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God.” (1 John 4:1) An “expression,” a teaching or opinion, might appear to emanate from God. But did it really come from him? Exercising some doubt, or suspending belief, can be a real protection because, as the apostle John says, “many deceivers have gone forth into the world.”—2 John 7.

Did the brothers really write this? did they get it? WOW....

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Sometimes the evidence of WT deceit is so in-your-face it seems like they are flaunting it just to see if people are still asleep.

This sounds like outright acknowledgement and warning but people are so caught up in WT interpreting everything for them, that they don't put 2 and 2 together in applying these warnings to what they know of the WT.

• chickpea
    chickpea

they are flaunting it just to see if people are still asleep.

if that werent so sad it would be HILARIOUS....

nah, it is hilarious in spite of being tragic

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

"Religious exhortations to the effect that you should just believe and should doubt nothing are dangerous and deceptive."

I wonder how they are able to reconcile the statement above with the latest comments in the study WT about how questioning the teachings of the GB is like questioning god?

• wasblind
    wasblind

EVIDENTLY, they forgot about all of their past prophesies

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

There are conscious class guys serving in Bethel. You see their work once in awhile and I would bet this is from one of them.

• Hadit
    Hadit

New light states that ones are to obey even if they don't understand. Wait on Jehovah.

Mad Sweeney: I didn't realize there were ones in the writing dept that are of the conscious class. How many do you figure? I wonder how their writing gets past the GB. That's great to know - I hope they keep it up and awaken others through their own literature.

• Scully
    Scully

*** w01 7/1 pp. 18-19 Do Not Let Doubts Destroy Your Faith ***
    Of course, not all doubt is bad. At times, you need to suspend acceptance of something till you are sure of the facts. Religious exhortations to the effect that you should just believe and should doubt nothing are dangerous and deceptive. True, the Bible says that love “believes all things.” (1 Corinthians 13:7) A loving Christian is certainly ready to believe those who have proved trustworthy in the past. But God’s Word also warns against ‘putting faith in every word.’ (Proverbs 14:15) Sometimes a person’s past record gives legitimate reason for doubt. “Although [the deceptive talker] makes his voice gracious,” the Bible warns, “do not believe in him.”—Proverbs 26:24, 25.
    The apostle John also warns Christians against blind belief. “Do not believe every inspired expression,” he writes. Rather, “test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God.” (1 John 4:1) An “expression,” a teaching or opinion, might appear to emanate from God. But did it really come from him? Exercising some doubt, or suspending belief, can be a real protection because, as the apostle John says, “many deceivers have gone forth into the world.”—2 John 7.

One of the first rules of running a successful scam operation is to include pearls of truth and wisdom in your spiel every now and then. It keeps the targets of the con from looking too deeply, and makes them think that the con artist is genuinely looking out for their best interests.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

You have a PM, elderelite!

To get your PMs, got to the upper right hand corner of your screen and find the little envelope icon. Click on it. You will see the subject lines of your PMs. Click on it. This will give you an error message and a screen full of nonsense. Ignore that and click on the BACK button, then click on the subject line a second time. It will now open properly.

Thanks, and good luck!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit