Do 'general' masons, understand what their symbology means?

by EndofMysteries 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Are or were you a mason cameo? That's interesting though.

If you are/were, do they believe they are bringing in Christ's 1000 year reign, or God's order, etc?

• moshe
    moshe

LSMFT-- Lucky Strike means fine tobacco- ah, the power of advertising and the Masonic images and rituals are just advertising for an overgrown men's club. It was obvious to me that the current Masonic rituals were only a few hundred years old based on the old style of English I memorized. They can attach any meaning they want to the symbols, but they do not compel me to believe it to be so. This past year the Grandmaster of my state has all but admitted that there is nothing secret about Masonry today- thanks to Youtube and the Internet. Today, they are trying to encourage men to join by doing all three degrees in one weekend, instead of using the old step by step one-on-one process which could easily take six months. It remains to be seen how much staying power this method will have. Why? I think that the lodges now have almost a 75% new member attrition rate over a 10 year period. Clearly, there is a disconnect between what the new Mason expects from a Masonic membership and what he finds the real value to be. Archaic Masonic rituals will not make good men better, either.

added- if the Grandmasters wanted to bring the rituals and purpose of the lodge into the 21st century, then they would have to make some big changes, which would be the same as admitting the old rituals aren't of any value and this would upset the old guard- maybe even create a rift in the membership. Clearly, the Masonic movement has their own 1914ish albatross, in the form of useless rituals and Masonic history of questionable veracity.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

EoM,

No I am not a Mason. I find the jewelry too gaudy for my taste.

For some reason, this image will not come through. Check this out:

www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/treasure/images/truman_portrait_masonic_regalia.jpg

Take a look at the "necklace". And note the magicians hat covering the left hand.

Moshe says it's "an overgrown men's club." That may be how it looks if you are low man on the totem pole and are not aware of the higher origins. Just to prove it's not just for men.....

Take a look at that Medallion! Can you see the HORSEMAN?

If you would like a closer look, you can do an image search for the Stewart Jewels. That's what she is wearing.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I'm thinking Mason/Freemason is prob the public front, the ones who may understand and know the real ancient stuff and are in control of the world are of a diff branch of it.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

A different branch?

That old stump has sprung quite a few branches. Some are called "Order", "Chapter", "Degree", "Lodge" and quite a few are even called .....Society!

It is a vast network.

• freydo
  • moshe
    moshe

There are many Scientologists who are important and powerful individuals, but that doesn't change the fact that a science fiction writer conjured up this religion. Masonry provided a safe and secret way for men to meet, but Masonry has nothing to do with making people more powerful than they could have been in another secret organization- like the Nazi SS, or KGB for example. Are the rank and file Masons stooges for the grandmasters? I doubt it as they barely get enough men to take the chairs for the Lodge each year.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Moshe: "Masonry provided a safe and secret way for men to meet."

Why do men need to meet secretly?

Sounds rather gay, or maybe like KKK.

• asilentone
    asilentone

cameo-d, you have a PM from me.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Moshe - The fact that all money, most government symbols, etc, all being masonic, they could all just as easily be the WT? Not only that, but the same ones throughout many countries, even Iran and Iraq.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit