Do 'general' masons, understand what their symbology means?

by EndofMysteries 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Among them and their associates, almost all are based on faces of cherubs, serpent as the god of healing, many things from solomon's temple.

I KNOW those who continue to make them and use them, MUST have an idea of what they represent and the reason for them.

I don't know, if the general members have any clue or if they are just in it for their own reasons, the association, benefits, to help others, or to advance their life/career, etc.

I doubt anyone on this board would know, but if they do, which of the mason groups actually understands the reason for their symbols and have a specific reason for doing so?

• Quentin
    Quentin

BIG SECERT...those outside would not understand....

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

A secret society is secret.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Do you know what the "G" stands for?

• wobble
    wobble

I have in my library a copy of "A New Encyclopaedia of Freemasonry" by A.E Waite, published by Virtue & Co London,

I am not sure of the year.(1940's ?)

It seems to be a pretty complete study of history,rites and practice, and meanings of symbols etc. it does not though have an index, so locating a particular piece of information within its two volumes, totalling close on a thousand pages, is not easy !

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

"what does the G stand for?"

Geometry

• StAnn
    StAnn

My husband works with a Mason. He's been friends with him for over 10 years, since the guy started in with the Masons. This guy has been taught from the beginning what everything means. He used to talk about some of it with my husband but the longer he's in it, the less he talks about it. He had a Masonic wedding and my husband was a little upset because he didn't invite us to the wedding. Finally, the guy said he didn't invite us because we're Catholic.

I used to go down to the lodge once a month for a breakfast they hold on the 3rd Saturday of the month. The food is GOOD. But now I told him that I just don't feel right going anymore because I'm Catholic. Works both ways.

St. Ann

• Soldier77
    Soldier77
    "what does the G stand for?"

Great Architect

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

The 'G' stands for gylcol.

Glycol is a RED oil; it represents "the fat". The lord always gets the fatty pieces.

The symbol represents that this pyramidal chain of command gets the "fat of the land". Where does the money go? It does not stay within the ranks...it travels UPWARD.

Knowing the properties of fat and oil, you know that oil/fat separates itself from water. The little people are the "water"; the seas.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Anybody want to go for the meaning of the Compass?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit