YMCA now I am mad!!!

by loosie 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• loosie
    loosie

I talked to a current JW today and he told me that it came out in print from the WTBTS that you can be a memebr of the YMCA as long as you don't associate with the other worldlys that go there.

OMG!!! just a few years ago I was told that I couldn't be at the YMCA because it was a christian org.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yeah the Watchtower said it was full of homosexuals.....everyone dressed like the "Villlage People."

• wasblind
    wasblind

people need to stop waitin' on others to tell them how when and where to enjoy life

better start usin' the brain god gave you to think for yourselves.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

You may want to find out what publication that was in. One would think it would have been mentioned here first. I think your friend may be confused.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Yeah I'd like to see that in print too. Something I was counseled on. NMKA

• pirata
    pirata

I just checked the 2009 Watchtower Library. There has been no new information on this since the 1979 that said that being a member of the YMCA would be interfaith. w79 1/1 p31 says, in part:

"In joing the YMCA as a member a person accepts or endorses the general objectives and principles of the organization. He is not simply paying for something he receives, such as when buying things being sold to the public at a store. (Compare 1 Corinthians 8:10; 10:25). Nor is his membership merely an entry pass, as when a person buys a theatre ticket. Membership means that one has become an integral part of this organization founded with definite religious objectives, including the promotion of interfaith. Hence, for one of Jehovah's Witnesses to become a member of such a so-called "Christian" association would amount to apostasy."

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Good thing they were just paying for a service at the UN... Oh....wait...

• beksbks
    beksbks

Hmmm I just skimmed over something today that said YMCA changed thier name. Didn't read the article. I will now.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

they just changed their name officially to the "y"

• loosie
    loosie

He said he doesn't remember if it was a letter or in the wt.

I laughed and told him well if had known that maybe I'd have stayed in. LOL not a chance I was just joking with him.

He is the drug dealer of his high school....but no worries he will be baptized this November.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit