who does Jehovah hold accountable?

by wasblind 19 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

An Elder once told me "That if the spiritual food he recieves is wrong, and he follows it ,Jehovah will not hold him accountable"

all through out the Bible it incourages a person to test, ask and seek, and to make sure of all things, so how can he not be accountable ?

what is the best scripture that would show him that he's accountable for what he recieves. If he is accountable.

• Fester
    Fester

My favorite "loving, peaceful" words from sweet Jesus were always these forgiving kind statements in Revelation....

Rev 2:20 But I have this against thee, that thou sufferest the woman Jezebel, who calleth herself a prophetess; and she teacheth and seduceth my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed to idols.

Rev 2:21 And I gave her time that she should repent; and she willeth not to repent of her fornication.

Rev 2:22 Behold, I cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of her works.

Rev 2:23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he that searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto each one of you according to your works.

• snowbird
    snowbird

1 Thessalonians 5:19-22 Don't suppress the Spirit, and don't stifle those who have a word from the Master. On the other hand, don't be gullible. Check out everything, and keep only what's good. Throw out anything tainted with evil. MSG

2 Corinthians 5:9-10 But neither exile nor homecoming is the main thing. Cheerfully pleasing God is the main thing, and that's what we aim to do, regardless of our conditions. Sooner or later we'll all have to face God, regardless of our conditions. We will appear before Christ and take what's coming to us as a result of our actions, either good or bad. MSG

Romans 14:7-9 It's God we are answerable to—all the way from life to death and everything in between—not each other. That's why Jesus lived and died and then lived again: so that he could be our Master across the entire range of life and death, and free us from the petty tyrannies of each other. MSG

Look in the mirror, there's your answer.

Syl

• JediMaster
    JediMaster

That's funny. JW teach that billions of people are personally accountable and will be destroyed for following their religous leaders whom they believe are teaching them the truth. If that was true, then there'd be no point to their preaching, and their teachings about Armageddon are all wrong. And all religions would lead to salvation. I don't think this elder really knows what he's talking about.

Jedi Master

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Luke 12:48

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• wasblind
    wasblind

"Look in the mirror, there's your answer."

i agree, snowbird.

Jedi master, thanks for your comment, i'm thinking he's trying to put accountability for his decisions on the ones who

gave him his spiritual food, i guess. Any way he was a person who i respected very much, and still think fondly of,

our beliefs just don't match up anymore, i'm just glad i didn't get baptisted, cause i now find so much wrong

• wasblind
    wasblind

btw jedi master,

the more i visit this site and interact, i find that most JW's don't know half the stuff i thought they did

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

WASBLIND,

I would like to think he would hold accountable, first and foremost, those who claim to speak in his name. It only seems right that this be the case.

• wasblind
    wasblind

longhairgal,

thanks for your post, i seem to think that is what he could have been implying, that the faithful and discreet slave

would be held accountable, if this is what you're saying, but because the bible states that

we are free to search for the truth, i for myself am leaning toward the fact that we as individuals are responsible

for what we take in

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I feel accountable for everything I taught. I think we all are. But that's the beauty of Jesus grace and forgiveness, isn't it?!? If we privately and publicly confess our sins (which would include wrong teachings we promulgated while in the WT), then Jesus will forgive us of these. I think it's necessary, though, that we recognize that we are just as guilty of not making sure of all things before we taught them. Sure we were under a mind control society. But that doesn't change the fact of our sin and need for Jesus' forgiveness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit