who does Jehovah hold accountable?

by wasblind 19 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

"I think it's necessary, though, that we recognize that we are just as guilty of not making sure of all things before we taught them."

So true Brotherdan,

and again welcome aboard

• snowbird
    snowbird

One of my late mother's favorite Scriptures:

Luke 12:47-48 "The servant who knows what his master wants and ignores it, or insolently does whatever he pleases, will be thoroughly thrashed. But if he does a poor job through ignorance, he'll get off with a slap on the hand. Great gifts mean great responsibilities; greater gifts, greater responsibilities! MSG

Word.

Syl

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

God is loving and understanding, the problem is that God is also all-knowing.

The problem isn't that God holds us personally accountable, which he does, the problem is that God does that BECAUSE he KNOWS why we do what we do.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello

There are many warnings in scripture of those who will distort the message, antichrists and false messiahs but you maybe have the best one already.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 (New International Version)

21 Test everything. Hold on to the good.

Here's a few more.

1 John 4:1 (New International Version)

Test the Spirits
    1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Job 34:4 (New International Version)

4 Let us discern for ourselves what is right;
    let us learn together what is good.

1 Corinthians 15 (New International Version)

1 Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve.

Galatians 1:6-9 (English Standard Version)

No Other Gospel
    6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.

2 Corinthians 11:4 (New International Version)

4 For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

Blessings,

Stephen

• Chalam
    Chalam

Here's the accountability

Romans 14:9-12 (New International Version)

9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living. 10 You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat. 11 It is written:
    " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord,
    'every knee will bow before me;
    every tongue will confess to God.' " 12 So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.

As a side note, these three verses clearly show that Jesus is God :)

Blessings,

Stephen

• sir82
    sir82

"That if the spiritual food he recieves is wrong, and he follows it ,Jehovah will not hold him accountable"

Evidently, Jehovah's standards are inferior to those which governed the Nuremburg trials.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

A more meaningful question for me is...

who holds Jehovah accountable?

• Fester
    Fester

Some more loving words of "Jesus" (I usually put the word in quotes because it is debatable as to whether he actually existed or not)....

Luk 14:26 "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.

Luk 19:27 But these mine enemies, that would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me. and of course the most disgusting and most distasteful (stolen from the Mithraic religion and put into X-tianity by Romans) Joh 6:53 Jesus therefore said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, ye have not life in yourselves. Joh 6:54 He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood hath eternal life: and I will raise him up at the last day. Joh 6:55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. Joh 6:56 He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood abideth in me, and I in him.
  • Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

They say they are:

*** w04 3/1 p. 18 par. 20 ‘The Faithful Slave' Passes the Test! ***
    The great crowd of other sheep have imitated their anointed brothers. They are aware that their knowledge of God's purposes brings great responsibility. (Ezekiel 3:17-21) Hence, with the help of Jehovah's Word and holy spirit, they too keep their oil supply abundant through study and association. And they let their light shine, sharing in the work of preaching and teaching and thus ‘doing business' along with their anointed brothers. However, anointed Christians are keenly aware that the talents were placed in their hands. They must render an account for the way the Lord's belongings on earth are administered. Even though they are few in number, they cannot abdicate their responsibility to the great crowd. With this in mind, the faithful and discreet slave continues to take the lead in caring for the King's business, grateful for the support of devoted members of the great crowd. These recognize the responsibility of their anointed brothers and feel privileged to work under their oversight.
  • wasblind
    wasblind

Thanks mythbuster

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit