Do you think JWS are a cult?

by Trixie 45 Replies latest jw friends

• BERNARD
    BERNARD

I have to think about that one, I'll
    get back to you after consulting fredhall

• MissSC
    MissSC

Are the JWs a cult? I must say I think they are. This is just my opinion, but it is based on what I have witnessed.

If you do not live exactly the way the JWs want you to or if you question things you are subject to DF. Freewill and use of your
    mind is highly discouraged. People do not lives lives productively in fear of the "in of times." Most JWs are unstable financially, because most of their time is spent "serving J." What I have
    read in the bible (and I have read the entire bible with out the aid of JW literature) shows me something is wrong with this picture.

Even the apostle Paul warns early christians not to stop living their lives in fear of the end of times. This was addressed several
    times in the "new testament." Unfortunately, I do not have the scriptures handy to reference them. Accepting sinners is part of what christ and the early apostles taught. This is not what the JW teach. If you are not a JW, you are an apostate and unworthy of God. This is not the loving God pictured in the bible. Even in the
    "old testament" there are ways for non Jewish people to
    know God. Today, this often thought of as the Law of Noah. So, now all of a sudden there is only one organization that is able to bring people to Christ? Odd thought in my book. This goes contrary to the teachings of the entire bible.

I could go on and on in regards to the misteaching of the JW, but do not have the time to now. Read, learn, seak materials outside of the JW. This does not even have to be published by former JW. Read the bible. Find a non JW bible and read it. Compare the differences. Study the real history of the world. Learn about Judaism. Look at the rude manner former JW are treated in. The JW have destroyed my mother's career, because they will not even act as if she existed now that she is DF. She use to work for another JW and has had problems getting another job, because of his attitude? Is the the way of God?
    I think not. I know not. Read the scriptures.

I am not an angry former JW, but I know the truth about the JW and while some think they are doing God's will I know they are not. Sorry. I feel sorrow and compassion for the JW and hope one day they will see the light and truly know God.

Always, MissSC

Nobody can make you feel inferior
    without your permission.
    -Eleanor Roosevelt-

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

Yes, it's what most people call a Psuedo-Christian cult. They claim to be true Christianty but do not follow the Bible. They have control and fear tactics and don't allow thinking in their organization. Sounds like a cult to me.

• rhett
    rhett

Yes. Read "Combatting Cult Mind Control" by Steven Hassan. Try to detect any of the signs that are talked about in JW's. I think you'll agree with me after reading it.

I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right
    I don't need to be forgiven.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

yup and here is why

http://members.shaw.ca/leemarsh/mnd-ctrl.html
    Mind control and Jehovah's Witnesses

JMHO

Rejoice in the healing and not in the pain.
    Rejoice in the challenge overcome and not in the past hurts.
    Rejoice in the present - full of love and joy.
    Rejoice in the future for it is filled with new horizons yet to be explored. - Lee Marsh 2002

• bea
    bea

miss sc ...

Are the JWs a cult? I must say I think they are. This is just my opinion, but it is based on what I have witnessed.

hehe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit